Many windows users are subjected to frequent System update problems and face multiple errors that might interrupt their usual working experience. For multiple users, it seems necessary to update their current Windows to the newest version, that is Windows 10, but due to the innumerable encounter of problems or hindrance, they are unable to achieve this task. It may seem to be a long-lasting and never-ending problem but believe me. This article has chosen the best, effective, and appropriate solutions for fixing Windows 10 non-update with error code 0x80240fff for simplifying and uprooting this issue faced by various users across the globe.
Windows users are usually on their nerves when Windows 10 is unsuccessfully updated on their PCs on laptops. So we have jotted down some noteworthy, highly effective procedures for fixing Windows 10 won’t update with error code 0x80240fff problem for curbing this crisis.
- 1 Fixing The Error Code 0x80240fff
- 1.1 Method 1 Backup Windows 10 And All Necessary Required Data
- 1.2 Method 2 Utilize Microsoft Solution For Fixing
- 1.3 Method 3 Try Troubleshooting Windows 10 Will Not Update With Error Code 0x80240fff
- 1.4 Method 4 Restart The Background Intelligent Transfer Service
- 1.5 Method 5 Error Code 0x80240fff Then Use Of CMD
- 1.6 Method 6 Try Postponing The Windows Update
- 2 Conclusion
Fixing The Error Code 0x80240fff
If the users face equivalent kinds of issues, they must follow the following effective methods thoroughly.
Method 1 Backup Windows 10 And All Necessary Required Data
It is observed that the failure of Windows 10 update is linked with loss of personal data, so it is advised to backup essential data, files, and tools for the prevention of unexpected problems and future use. There are many effortless and easy-to-use backups available in the market.
One of my favorites, which is reliable, named EaseUS Todo Backup, is highly recommended to newbies. Before selecting a backup, properly check its safety and reliability. Solve Error 0xc0000142
Method 2 Utilize Microsoft Solution For Fixing
It is nerve-wracking to see the failure of the Windows 10 update again and again. Fortunately, one can use Microsoft’s extremely expert and learned engineers who are well versed with knowledgeable information and will surely find a key to this issue.
They also have good experience in solving problems related to Windows and will provide rightful help for your queries. Provided below are two useful solutions for solving Windows 10 that will not update with error code 0x80240fff.
Method 3 Try Troubleshooting Windows 10 Will Not Update With Error Code 0x80240fff
The users should ensure internet connectivity to their computer and keep an eye on both Windows update services and network adaptor for ensuring their smooth running. After checking the requirement mentioned above, directly follow the steps given below.
- Simultaneously press Windows + X and choose the control panel
- Type troubleshooter in the search box displayed on the screen, and then click on troubleshooting
- Next, you need to click on fix problems with Windows updates that are under system and security
Method 4 Restart The Background Intelligent Transfer Service
Steps for the accomplishment of the above-described solution.
- Firstly, press Windows key + R key, then enter services. msc in the available textbox.
- A list will pop up soon; from this list displayed, locate background intelligent transfer services (BITS)
- Make right-click on BITS and then quickly click into properties
- Move to the general tab, which is place next to startup type; ensure that the automatic or delay start is select but if it is not chosen, then select it. Quickly click on apply also.
- Check whether the services begin, which is position next to the service status. If not, then click on start.
Surprise! Along with solutions provided by Microsoft for fixing windows won’t update with error code 0x80240fff, you may go with the given below methods.
See Also: Windows Update Stuck At 100 | Fixes
Method 5 Error Code 0x80240fff Then Use Of CMD
- Initially, restart your computer and, in a secure mode, boot up. Then, as an Admin, open CMD.
- The second step involves typing of net stop wuauserv and then press enter after this type: net stop cryptsvc and press enter.
- Move to C:\Windows and search for Software Distribution. Then, you can rename or directly delete this folder.
- Again, move to CMD and type: net start wuauserv, press enter, and afterward type net start cryptsvc, press enter.
- Restart your device or computer again.
Method 6 Try Postponing The Windows Update
By a simple deferring mechanism, the users can get rid of the problem by delaying the Windows 10 upgrade. Furthermore, the next step involves the manual download and installation of Windows 10 updates on your computer or laptop. Brief steps for achieving this method.
- Move to settings of Windows update.
- At the bottom of the page, click on advanced options
- Directly, choose to defer the upgrade
So follow the above steps to solve Error Code 0x80240fff
See Also : ERROR CODE 9.0 IN ORIGIN- WAYS TO FIX
Hope that the above-described solutions may help you to fix Windows 10 won’t update with error code 0x80240fff. You can get rid of this problem soon by following the easiest methods shown here. Leave us your much valued feedback which will help us improve.
Hello, I am McKenzie and I am totally obsessed with getting the best experience out of every device that I use. Hence, I started this blog to help others make the most of their devices and fix errors in a jiffy! 🙂