One of the most common and frustrating problems that Windows users often face while playing a video or music file is the 0xc00d36c4 error. This problem is most likely faced with video flies being played on Windows 10 PC after recent OS installation or playing videos downloaded from an external source like a USB or other devices. This problem is also faced when using windows apps such as Xbox, Grove, etc. If you face this problem once, it can likely occur more frequently.
Now let us understand what exactly error is and what its causes are.
What are the causes of Error 0xc00d36c4?
The error 0xc00d36c4 is a Windows error, and it displays the following message: “This file isn’t playable. This might be because the file type is not supported, the file extension is wrong, or corrupt.
This error could be because of the following reasons:
- The video file is corrupted or damaged.
- The media player does not support the videos file format
- The video has copy protection in incase of DVD or CD
- The codec is incorrect
- The file extension is incorrect
- The system drivers may be outdated
How To Fix 0xc00d36c4 Error
Now that we know the causes of the problem let’s focus on solving it. The following are some of the quickest, safe, and easy ways to solve error 0xc00d36c4.
0xc00d36c4 Error then Use Other Media Players
The error code 0xc00d36c4 happens when you have an unsupported file format. You can fix this by attempting to play the video file which has problems with another player.
A famous video player to the default windows player is the VLC. It is a flexible tool that is exceptionally intended to play practically all video formats. You need to download VLC, install it on your Windows 10, and play the videos with issues in this media player.
To play media files through VLC, follow these means:
- Download the VLC setup from the authority site.
- Now, double-tap the setup file and adhere to the on-screen guidelines to install the application.
- Once you install the application, right-click on the media document and select Open with VLC Media Player.
Convert The File Format
If the current media player does not support the present file format, take a chance at changing it over to some other file format that can help you play the media file. Utilize a safe and dependable converter to change over your media files to formats that support them. Utilizing the web converters or VLC Media Player, you can change over your MP4 video file to another file format; however, there are constraints to these processes like slow speed, size limitations, low quality, and so forth.
To fix this, you can try the expert Video Converter tool known as Kernel Video Converter, which underpins conversions of any video file configuration to another in minutes. It underpins various file transformations and changes of documents of any size. Clients can change AVI over to the 0xc00d36c4 MP4 video file setup and the other way around to fix the 0xc00d36c4 mp3 error. The video formats it underpins incorporate MP4, MPEG, MOV, MKV, M4V, 3G2, AVI, TS, 3GP, AVCHD ASF, FLV, DIVX, WMV, MJPEG, and so on.
0xc00d36c4 Error then Install The Missing Codecs
At the point when your file’s sound and video codecs are not viable with your media player, your video will not play. This explanation is somewhat difficult to notice.
To adjust such an error, you have to download the missing codec packs to your device. Generally, downloading a total pack, for example, K-light will settle this issue. This done, if your file isn’t corrupt, you will not see the error once more.
See also: 4 Ways To Fix Netflix Error Code: UI3012
Change Playback Settings Configuration
One reason for getting the ‘can’t play 0xc00d36c4’ error is the playback setting’s misconfiguration. This implies that the settings have changed by malware or by various users. Likewise, alongside a video error, you can also get an audio sync error in the MP4 file, because of which you can get this error. For this, you can investigate the setups since they can help you fix video player errors. To do as such, you need to follow the underneath steps:
- Most importantly, find the Volume symbol on the base right corner of the screen.
- Then, you need to tap on ‘Playback devices.’
3. After this, you need to open the Speaker tab and essentially select ‘Configure Options’ to open the speaker configuration window.
4. Then, a list of audio channels will have appeared on the screen. You need to click there on the Test button for every sound and video channel. If it says ‘Failed to play test tone’ at that point, make a note of the channel.
5. Presently, in the wake of testing all the Audio channels, you can tap on the option ‘Next.’
6. There, it would help if you unselected all the speakers that produce the error.
7. Then, you need to close the window and check whether the media files will play now.
Move The Video Files
A media file may face this error if it exists in an external storage device or location like a USB\CD. The easy solution to this is to move the video files from the external device to the computer’s internal storage.
This can be easily performed by using CTRL+C and CTRL+V shortcuts.
- Open the external storage, select the video file, and use the shortcut CTRL +C to copy it.
- Then open the computer’s internal storage and paste it by using the CTRL + V shortcut.
- Once pasted successfully, play the video. This 0xc00d36c4 fix works with a large amount of Windows users.
- If this method doesn’t work, you can also try to copy and paste the video into your default Windows library. This Windows library exists in your local drive. Once pasted in the library, play the video file.
See also: 4 Ways To Fix PS4 Corrupted Database
Videos are a fundamental part of our lives. Regardless of whether you are a blogger gathering content for your YouTube channel, or a father recording his girl’s initial steps, we as whole record videos.
Furthermore, it is very upsetting when your media player shows a ‘can’t play this video’ message. Be that as it may, you can decrease the risk of procuring unsupported video files with a couple of precautionary methods.
The videos recorded when your camera’s battery is low may end up being corrupt. When you move a file utilizing a USB or memory card, a deficient exchange may happen if you don’t eject it from your PC appropriately. You will see that out of the moved files, and a few videos will not play.
It is ideal to utilize all your digital tools with the most extreme care to stay away from such accidents.
Hello, I am McKenzie and I am totally obsessed with getting the best experience out of every device that I use. Hence, I started this blog to help others make the most of their devices and fix errors in a jiffy! 🙂