AMD Radeon settings are the tool that is used for managing graphics card settings and improving performance manually. AMD provides updates from time to time for fixing bugs and improving the performance of graphics drivers. Sometimes, improper installation of an update or mismatch drivers can crash the system that AMD radeon settings won’t open.
AMD Radeon is a brand of computing products that are mainly graphic processing units and utility software. And the tool that handles the AMD graphic card is AMD Radeon Settings. It permits you to modify the settings of the graphics card for a better gaming experience.
AMD Radeon settings won’t open issue takes place after the driver update. As a result, sometimes users face this setting, not an opening problem without any driver or software update.
We have found some easy-to-follow solutions to fix this AMD setting, not opening problems after extensive research.
- 1 Factors Responsible For The AMD Radeon Settings Won’t OpenProblem?
- 2 How To Fix AMD Radeon Settings Not Opening Problem?
- 2.1 Method 1 Perform A Quick Restart
- 2.2 Method 2 AMD Radeon Settings Won’t Open Then Rollback The Graphic Card Driver
- 2.3 Method 3 Change The AMD Registry Key
- 2.4 Method 4 AMD Radeon Settings Won’t Open Then Install The Latest Windows Update
- 2.5 Method 5 Reinstall AMD Radeon Graphic Card Driver
- 2.6 Method 6 Update The Windows Operating System
- 3 Conclusion
Factors Responsible For The AMD Radeon Settings Won’t OpenProblem?
From our survey, here we found some common reasons behind the AMD Radeon Settings problem. They are:
The improper installation of the driver can also cause the issue. Like defective drivers, we have to reinstall drivers, the software correctly to solve the problem.
2.Faulty Graphics Drivers
During the update, any faulty driver installed on your computer system can cause complications. We can solve this by uninstalling defective graphics drivers or roll back to the old version.
3.Mismatch With Settings
A mismatch between your installed driver and AMD Radeon graphics settings can cause a Radeon setting crash.
AMD Radeon driver installation can be outdated, which leads to Radeon settings opening-related problems. Update the driver to resolve this problem.
How To Fix AMD Radeon Settings Not Opening Problem?
Let’s get into the steps mentioned below to fix AMD Radeon settings won’t open issue.
Method 1 Perform A Quick Restart
After the restart, check if the Amd Radeon settings open now.
Method 2 AMD Radeon Settings Won’t Open Then Rollback The Graphic Card Driver
- Enter “Device Manager” in the search bar and then select it from the list of available results. You can even press Windows Key + R key to bring up the Run dialog box > type devmgmt.msc > click OK.
- Expand the Display adapters part, then right tap on the graphics driver > click on Uninstall Device.
- Check any prompts which may ask you to confirm the uninstallation of the current graphics device driver and wait for the process to complete.
- Now visit the AMD official website and search for the available drivers. Finally, choose and download the graphics driver.
- Install the driver on your computer device by following on-screen instructions.
Check whether the issue of AMD Radeon settings not opening is fixed.
See also: Printer Driver Is Unavailable Error
Method 3 Change The AMD Registry Key
If the issue of AMD Radeon settings won’t open caused by the mismatched version of AMD Radeon Settings version and driver version, then follow these steps:
- Firstly, press the Windows key and then press the R key to open the Run dialog box.
- Finally, type regedit in the box > click OK to continue.
- Then navigate to the path:- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AMD\CN.
- Click on this key > try to locate the entry named DriverVersion > double-click it to change its value data to 0.
- Then press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc key to go to the Task Manager, and disable AMD-related processes.
- At the bottom left section, tap More details to increase Task Manager and find any AMD-related processes right under Background processes. And select them one by one > choose the End Task part from the window’s lower right section.
- Restart AMD Radeon Settings.
Method 4 AMD Radeon Settings Won’t Open Then Install The Latest Windows Update
- Firstly open the Start Menu and then click on Settings and Update & Security settings > Windows Update.
- Press on the Check for updates button. If any updates are available, then you should download and install them.
- If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, it means that you are working on the latest Windows version.
- Restart AMD Radeon Settings and check whether the problem of AMD Radeon Settings not opening is resolved.
Method 5 Reinstall AMD Radeon Graphic Card Driver
If none of the above-listed methods works for you, we have to clean install all AMD Radeon graphics card drivers. To do that:
- Go to AMD’s official website.
- Uninstall all the graphics drivers. You can do it both manually or with the help of an uninstaller. It is recommended to use Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall your drivers.
- Disable internet and antivirus software or any security program until you reinstall all the drivers.
- Delete all the content of old version from C:/AMD folderOpen control panel > uninstall program > select AMD > right-click on it and choose uninstall.
- Then, Boot your computer in safe mode.
- Launch the DDU > select Clean and Restart.
The AMD Radeon settings won’t open issue is resolved, and you can easily open it in windows 10.
Method 6 Update The Windows Operating System
If your Windows system is out of date, you will be unable to open AMD Radeon Settings. So, search for and install any available updates on your Windows system to evade AMD Radeon settings won’t open problem.
To do so, follow these steps:
- To access Windows Update, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update. 0x80070091 is a device restore bug.
- Now, go ahead and press the Check for Updates button.
- Check to see if there are any updates available, then download and install them.
- After you’ve updated Windows, restart your computer.
- The problem might have resolved by now.
Although graphics card driver updates are relatively easy, sometimes we accidentally install faulty drivers or install drivers incorrectly. AMD Radeon settings won’t open a common problem, and it’s not at all complicated or difficult to resolve this issue. If you follow the given guidelines, then you can quickly fix it.
We really hope these tips were useful to you. Feel free to ask any further queries and we would answer them all for you.
Hello, I am McKenzie and I am totally obsessed with getting the best experience out of every device that I use. Hence, I started this blog to help others make the most of their devices and fix errors in a jiffy! 🙂