Graphics hardware is computer hardware that does the work of generating computer graphics like text, graphics or sound. It displays the data from the memory of your computer. There are mainly five different types of graphics hardware that support displaying graphics, namely: Graphics card, display drivers, installations, brands, and costs. This aspect comes with a significant issue, which might come across you in the form of an error, displayed as “Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware.” Now, as to the reason the exact cause behind this concern, stands unknown. But one major issue could be an incompatibility between the system and graphics driver update.
The “Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware” error is not as commonly faced as the 0xc00d36c4 error but has been reported by some. It is usually related to video games and is commonly caused by outdated drivers. The Graphics Processing Unit, more frequently known as GPU, stops processing and responding to the graphics request.
Ways to Fix “Application has been Blocked from Accessing Graphics Hardware” Error
Update your Graphics Driver
The first medium that you could look up for fixing the error of “Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware” is to update the Graphics driver of your system. This is one of the easiest and simplest ways to try fixing the error. All you have to do is:
- Check the graphics card that you’re using: You have to press down the Windows + R keys to launch the Run application and type in dxdiag in the dialog box that appears on the screen, and press OK. Switch to the Display tab after that. Under Device, you’ll be able to see the name and manufacturer of your card.
- Next, you’ll have to go to the manufacturer’s website and look for their download page.
- After finding your graphics cards, download the driver.
- Install the driver and follow the instructions as they appear on the screen. Make sure to match the driver with the graphics card.
If you still are getting the “Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware” error, we have more options for you!
See Also: 4 Ways To Fix Netflix Error Code: UI3012
Run System Maintenance Troubleshoot
System Maintenance Troubleshooter is a Windows tool that automatically helps fix any detected maintenance tasks problems. Before you start troubleshooting maintenance problems, keep in mind that running the Troubleshooter requires you to use your administrator account.
- Type “run” in Search and click the “Run” result, or you could press Windows key + R. In the dialog box that appears on the screen, type “msdt.exe -id Maintenance Diagnostic” and press Enter to run the operation.
- In the System Maintenance window on the screen, click on “Advanced” and after that on “Run as administrator.”
- Click on “Next.”
- Follow the instructions as they appear on the screen.
See Also: Windows 10 Won’t Boot Error
Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter
Another troubleshooter that may help fix the error of “Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware” is Hardware and Device troubleshooter. To start running the Troubleshooter,
- Go to “Settings.”
- Type “Troubleshoot,” and from the list that comes up to the display, select “Troubleshoot.”
- Under “Find and fix other problems,” you’ll be able to find “Hardware and Devices.”
- Select the “Hardware and Devices” option and click on “Run the troubleshooter.”
Reinstall Graphics Driver
More like a translator between software and hardware, a device driver is system software that interacts with the operating system and other software with particular hardware and allows for a smooth interaction amongst the software and the hardware.
The device may malfunction due to the absence of an installed appropriate driver.
First uninstalling and then reinstalling the graphic drivers may fix the “Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware” error.
To do the said,
- Go to the start button, search “device manager,” and open device manager.
- Find “Displays,” and expand the dropdown and select the option of “Uninstall” to initiate uninstalling.
- Make sure that you check right the “Delete the driver software for this device.” checkbox.
- Restart your computer. The system will automatically install the missing graphics drivers.
- Check for the error.
If due to something, the system cannot install the missing graphics drivers, you can go to Device Manager again and right-click your computer name, and select the “Scan for hardware changes” option. It should detect missing drivers and install them.
See Also: 0xc0000142 Error [Fixed] In 6 Easy Ways
We hope we were able to help you with our article and you were able to fix the ‘Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware’ error on your system. It is recommended to check the official site of the purchased device for a solution if the stated methods could not resolve the issue. Get in touch with the support teams and we hope they can relieve your worries.