In Windows, errors and system code errors are common. It can occur even frequently. You can correct it with proper examination and attention. The class not registered error only happens on Windows 10. The class not registered on Windows 10 is a message that suggests it is induced by a code that will not assemble. But the code compiles and is operates fine before this crash arises. The error arises when a DLL serves unregistered. A DLL file is abbreviated as Dynamic Link Library. A DLL file is a file that contains instructions for the other programs about how to perform procedures.
Wondering what other error codes Windows 10 can throw? Right here is one: 0xc0000142 Error. Read here to know more!
You can not run a DLL file presently. It must be ordered by a different code that is already operating. A DLL file is convenient because it helps programs operating with DLL files utilize less memory and allows us to load everything at once. There is sometimes, this DLL file might misbehave, and you can fix the problems. The misbehavior of these DLL files can be if the DLL file is altered or updated to a newer edition. If removed from the computer system, the program depending on the specific DLL file, might cease functioning or no longer function suitably.
The “.DLL” files contain data and instructions needed for the programs to run correctly. So, when something is wrong with the DLL file, the error occurs. The class not registered error arises when a “.DLL” file comes to be unregistered. This can most probably affect almost any software. The exe files cause identical issues.
4 Fixes To The “Class Not Registered” Error On Windows 10
There are steps and methods to fix these kinds of errors, and with extra attention and observation, these kinds of errors can either be avoided or fixed. These are some kinds of changes to be made and must be taken in a note to avoid future occurrences.
Some of the ways to fix the class not registered error are:
- Check the Internet Explorer ETW Collector Service
- End iCloud process
- Use component services4.Re-register TheExplorerFrame.dll File
Class Not Registered then Check The Internet Explorer ETW Collector Service:
The explorer class not registered error can sometimes occur if you are using Internet Explorer or Edge. Or, is your Internet explorer or Edge won’t work because of the of the No Internet Secured error. To know more and read solutions, click here. And if you are using internet explorer or the Edge without any problems, you must try checking the Internet Explorer ETW collector service. The procedure is:
- Open the run dialog box first by typing “run” in the search box, and then the run option will show.
- Then click the “run” result.
Otherwise, you can try this:
The shortcut for this option is to use windows key +R on the keyboard, which is the quickest way to go to that option.
In the Run dialog box, type “services.msc” and press Enter on your keyboard or click the option OK.
- When you go to the Services window, you will be able to see a list of local services on your screen.
- After it appears on your screen, find “Internet Explorer ETW collector service”
- Once you find the “Internet Explorer ETW collector service” on your computer, right-click on that option and then select the option “Start” from the drop-down menu.
- Now refresh and check if the error still exists.
Use Component Services:
- Run the component services by following the below steps and methods to eliminate the explorer exe class not registered on windows 10.
- To run the component services, open the Run dialog box by typing “Run” in search. The run dialog box will appear, and click the “Run” option.
- For the shortcut, use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open it and run a dialog box.
- After opening the Run dialog box, type in “dcomcnfg” and press Enter on the keyboard or click the “OK” option on the screen.
- In the component services window, double click the option “Component services” and then double click the option “Computers” and then select the option “My computer”.
- Then, you will receive a “DCOM configuration warning!” message. Click the “Yes” option and then close the component services window.
- Restart your system to check if the “class not registered” error still exists.
Class Not Registered then Re-register TheExplorerFrame.dll file
If explorer exe class not registered appears when using Internet Explorer, try fixing the class not registered error by re-registering the TheExplorerFrame.dll file using the command prompt.
- In the search box, type “Command prompt” and right-click over the result.
- Choose “Run as administrator” to run with administrative privileges.
- After you selected the option “Run as administrator”, a user account control prompt will appear, asking if you would like to allow the command prompt to be able to make changes to your computer.
- Click the option “yes”.
- In the command prompt, type the “regsvr32 ExplorerFrame.dll” command.
- Press the Enter button on your keyboard to execute it.
- Open the internet explorer to check if the error still exists.
End iCloud Process
Usually, when the explorer.exe class not registered error occurs, the majority of people think that there is a problem or a mistake with Google Chrome. But most of the time, it is not the case. It can be associated with roughly any software available. In some cases, iCloud can be the main cause of this problem, and this problem can be fixed using appropriate methods.
- First, we need to eliminate the iCloud process by utilizing Task Manager.
- Then to utilize Task Manager, we need to open it first.
- To open the Task Manager right click on the start menu and select the option “Task manager”.
- To achieve the shortcut using the keyboard, press Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
- After opening the Task Manager, scroll down and find the iCloud option.
- After finding the iCloud option, right-click on it and select the option “End task”, which will be in the bottom right corner.
- To prevent iCloud from activating when you launch Windows 10, you need to remove or disable it from the Startup list.
- Now refresh and check if the error still exists.
These are some of the very basic ways to fix the class not registered error on windows 10. We hope it helps you resolve the error! Feel free to comment down your doubts and stay tuned for more such content.
Hello, I am McKenzie and I am totally obsessed with getting the best experience out of every device that I use. Hence, I started this blog to help others make the most of their devices and fix errors in a jiffy! 🙂