High Definition Multimedia Interface is a video/audio interface that can send uncompressed video and compressed/uncompressed audio data to digital TVs, computer displays, video projectors, and other devices. Digital Output Device (HDMI) Missing on Windows 10?
Nowadays, HDMI is typically preferred over other cables because it provides faster signal transfer with low latency so that you’re going to experience a lag-free stream from your output devices. HDMI cables are available in different sizes, so you’ve got to pick consistent with your need.
However, issues are common, such as HDMI sound not working, HDMI no signal, HDMI port not working, and more. The choice of Digital Output Device (HDMI) may not always appear in playback devices.
Why don’t playback devices support HDMI? The primary causes are obsolete drivers, enabled Hyper-V, and the installation of VLC Media Player, among other things. But don’t panic; with a few troubleshooting techniques, you can resolve the problem. Ways to Fix Digital Output Device (HDMI) Missing Windows 10
These are the standard digital output device (HDMI) missing on Windows 10 issues with most HDMI cables that you should consider before doing anything with the cable and settings.
Fixes For Digital Output Device (HDMI) Missing On Windows 10
The following are few Methods to fix the error
Method 1 Reinstall The Latest Graphics Card Driver
In most cases, installing an up-to-date graphics card driver could even be simple due to fixing the matter of HDMI not showing in playback devices.
1. Open Device Manager by right-clicking the Windows 10 icon and selecting this feature from the context menu.
2. Open display adapters and pick remove the device from the drop-down menu for your graphic card driver.
3. Click Uninstall to remove it.
Method 2 Digital Output Device (HDMI) Missing Then Connect The HDMI Cable To Your System
- Make sure that you turn on your devices in the Make sure that your PC and second display are turned off.
- Activate your second display or TV.
- Now connect the HDMI cable to your System.
- Turn on your PC.
- Correct the order.
Due to difficulties, your HDMI device may not appear in the playback devices area at times, according to users.
If you put the HDMI device straight into your PC while it is operating, it appears that it will not be detected. The issue should be rectified once your PC powers up, and the HDMI device should display in the playback devices area. Keep in mind that it is a one-time step, and the issue should be remedied permanently once your HDMI device shows in the playback devices.
Method 3 Digital Output Device (HDMI) Missing Try An Alternative HDMI Cable
- Check for a proper connection on both the Source or Display end of the HDMI cable.
- Try removing and reconnecting the HDMI cable at each end.
- Check the obvious! Is the Source device (e.g., DVD / BluRay player) switched on?
- There maybe be an issue with either the EDID or HDCP.
- Is the HDMI cable itself faulty? Try an alternative HDMI cable.
- Try altering the resolution – the display device won’t support the resolution the Source delivers.
- If the HDMI cable distance exceeds 10 meters, you should consider an HDMI Repeater or HDMI Extender.
If none of those above steps works, then there could be an opportunity that either your device’s HDMI port isn’t working; otherwise, you have a faulty cable. But altogether other cases, the steps mentioned here should fix the digital output device (HDMI) missing on Windows 10 issue.
Also See: HDMI Sound Not Working
Hello, I am McKenzie and I am totally obsessed with getting the best experience out of every device that I use. Hence, I started this blog to help others make the most of their devices and fix errors in a jiffy! 🙂