Numerous users are facing the error on Windows 10 computers and complaining about it.
- 1 Reasons For The Error
- 2 Enhance Your Experience With These Solutions
- 2.1 Eliminate The Temporary Discord Files From LocalAppData and AppData
- 2.2 Update The Whitelist Of Antivirus Software With Discord Installation Files
- 2.3 Alter The Quality Windows Audio Video Experience Service Startup Type
- 2.4 Eliminate The Privileges Of The Admin
- 2.5 Uninstall And Reinstall
- 2.6 Apply Command Prompt
- 3 Summing Up
Reasons For The Error
- First, when the settings of Discord get corrupted, it can lead to this error. But, one can get rid of it by changing the Discord settings.
- Discord running with the Admin permissions can be a cause of the error. So, ensure that the administrator’s permissions get taken away from the Discord.
- If the Quality Windows Audio Video Experience service is not running, this error can interrupt you.
- For an interruption-free gaming experience, you can try out the below-given solutions to get away from this error. Although various solutions are listed below, you do not have to execute them all. Instead, we will suggest you try all these solutions one by one and reach the one working for you.
Enhance Your Experience With These Solutions
Eliminate The Temporary Discord Files From LocalAppData and AppData
Sometimes the temporary data stored by the Discord can resist one to open Discord on their systems. To solve this, follow the given steps-
- To start with, open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Now, select the Discord and click on End Task.
- To open the Run Window, use Windows + R key.
- A text field appears in the dialogue box, type %appdata% in it, and click OK.
- Now Delete the Discord folder by right-clicking on it in the Roaming folder.
- Open back the Run Window and type %localappdata%, and click OK.
- Delete the Discord folder.
- Finally, try again to launch the Discord setup file.
Update The Whitelist Of Antivirus Software With Discord Installation Files
- Click right on the icon of Avast Antivirus and open its User Interface.
- From the Protection section, select the Virus Chest (all locked up threads get displayed here).
- Find the files associated with Discord and select Restore and add exception option from the three dots. Then, repeat it for all associated files.
Let’s head to the third solution.
Alter The Quality Windows Audio Video Experience Service Startup Type
- Launch Run utility by Windows + R keys.
- Click OK after typing services. msc in the text field.
- Now, the Services window appears. Find the Quality Windows Audio Video Experience service in it, use right-click to select the Properties option.
- Look at the service status. If it shows started, then click on Stop and then click on the Start button.
- Select Automatic as the Startup Type.
The fourth solution goes like this.
Eliminate The Privileges Of The Admin
- Select Properties by clicking right on Discord Executable.
- From the Compatibility tab, uncheck the check box of Run this program as administrator.
Uninstall And Reinstall
The universal solution to all the issues is applicable here too.
- Go to the Control Panel of your Desktop.
- Find Uninstall a program under the Programs button and uninstall Discord.
- Now, a list of installed programs appears. From this list, select Discord and then click on Uninstall.
- Open Run window and type %appdata% in its text field. Now, click the OK button.
- A new window gets displayed. Delete Discord folder from it.
- Return to the Run box. Type %localappdata% and press the Enter key.
- Now, delete the Discord folder.
- From the Discord official Website, download the latest and compatible version.
- Install the Discord file following the given instructions after running the Executable file.
Apply Command Prompt
- Start by pressing Windows + R keys, then type taskmgr and click OK.
- Select Discord from the Task Manager and click on End Task.
- Now, press Windows+R and type the control panel. Click OK.
- Click- Uninstall a Program.
- Select Discord and click Uninstall.
- Delete Discord from Local Data and AppData folders.
- Now, press Windows+X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type command- gpupdate /force and press Enter key.
Close the Command Prompt after the process gets completed and then reinstall the Discord to check if the error gets fixed or not.
See Also : 0xc0000142 Error [Fixed] In 6 Easy Ways
We wish you the best of luck! These solutions will help you with an interruption-free Discord experience.