Driver WUDFRd failed to load is one of the most common problems you may have faced before. So what causes the driver wudfrd failed to load for the device here? This error is typically linked to USB drivers, and these errors have an event ID of 219. This occurs when a device driver (such as a USB driver) on your machine fails due to a device driver or device malfunction.
How To Fix The Driver WUDFRd Failed To Load Error
In this article, we will be discussing how to fix this driver WUDFRd failed to load error in 3 easy ways.
Method 1 Update Windows
The best way to resolve the driver \driver\wudfrd failed to load is to check windows updates because you might also be able to upgrade your drivers with Windows updates. You can try manually testing for new updates to address this problem.
- To open Settings, click Windows + I.
- Go to Update & Security > Update Windows.
- Press Search for Updates in the right-hand pane and install all pending updates.
- After you’ve updated your Windows, restart your machine to check if error \driver\wudfrd is fixed.
Method 2 Driver WUDFRd Failed To Load Error then Disable Hard Disk Hibernation
Another tested remedy is disabling hard disc hibernation, and several users have solved the “Driver WudfRd failed to load” error with it.
So you can try it too for these,
- Press Windows + X, and from the Start menu, select Power Options.
- In the right pane, press Additional Power settings, which will open the Control Panel as shown in the image below. Then, for your current power plan, press Change Plan Settings.
- On the new tab, press Change Advanced Power Settings.
- Expand the Hard Disk in the Power Options window and turn off the hard drive afterward.
- Click Apply and then click ok.
- Restart your machine.
Now, without an error driver\\wudfrd, you should be able to run your computer.
Method 3 Reinstalling USB Controllers
USB drivers should be responsible for the this Error in most cases. Therefore, you should feel free to try reinstalling your USB controllers if all the methods listed above fail to fix the issue.
Let’s see how it works-
- Go to the Device Manager.
- To extend it, double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Right-click on the USB controller and select System Uninstall. Select OK in the confirmation window to proceed. Use the same operation to uninstall all the other USB controllers.
- Restart your machine after uninstalling all the USB controllers. Windows will reinstall the already uninstalled USB controllers automatically.
The driver \driver\wudfrd failed to load for the device should be solve.
See also: 4 Ways To Fix Netflix Error Code: UI3012
Hope it was useful in fixing the Driver WUDFRd failed to load error. If you are overinform in how to solve this issue, please leave them in the comments below. We would like to include them in the article too.:)
Hello, I am McKenzie and I am totally obsessed with getting the best experience out of every device that I use. Hence, I started this blog to help others make the most of their devices and fix errors in a jiffy! 🙂