The Error 0x80244018 is a bug that rolled out with the regular Windows Update KB4038788 (OS Build 15063.608). The update might have messed up Internet settings or triggered compatibility issues with Windows or Store app updates.
According to reports, the error occurs on Windows Store and, although it does not prevent the Store from running, it doesn’t allow downloading and installing any apps, which is not a small problem. In addition, windows Store supplies Windows apps and Windows Updates so that the 0x80244018 error may expatiate and result in outdated Windows OS.
According to people who experience the 0x80244018 bug, sfc / scannow, and clearing, the Windows store cache did not help resolve the problem. Therefore, experts recommend trying other possible alternatives for eliminating the error. This article is also applicable for windows update error 0x80244018, windows update error 80244018, 0x80244018, feature update to windows 10, version 1903 – error, 0x80244018, 80244018. You can also check 0xc00d36c4 Error Code | Top 5 Fixes 
Eliminating The Error
Go through each method that is described in detail.
Recreate AppReadiness Folder
You can try removing and renewing the AppReadiness folder in C: Windows as a solution for eliminating the Windows store error 0x80244018. Unfortunately, this directory is exploited by Windows Store for moving the files freely.
If it has been corrupted by an update, virus infection, or third-party software, it must be restored manually. For this purpose, you have to:
- Open This PC and click on the View tab at the top of the window.
- Mark the Hidden Items option to show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- Then click Options and select Change folder and change options.
- Open the View tab and look for the Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) option.
- If it’s marked with a tick, unmark it and click OK to save the changes.
- Now navigate to the C:\\Windows, right-click on a space and select New -> Folder.
- Name it as AUInstallAgent (you’ll be asked for administrative privileges).
- When the folder is created, reboot the system and check if the 0x80244018 error has been fixed.
- If the problem continues, open the C:\\Windows directory and create a folder named as AppReadiness.
- Reboot the system and see if it worked.
Let’s look into the next step.
Check The System For Malware
Virus infection may trigger an error 0x80244018 to prevent users from downloading apps, especially those related to PC security. Therefore, if the method above did not help resolve the problem, please run a full system scan with a professional anti-malware utility.
We would recommend Reimage because it checks for malware and optimizes the system at a time, but you are unbound to use an alternative tool.
Remove The Update That Brought The Error 0x80244018
Suppose the error 0x80244018 showed up after installing Windows Updates, but the fixes mentioned above did not help resolve it.In that case, you can easily uninstall the problematic update and wait for the next update to be rolled out. Click here to view Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected | 4 Fixes
NOTE: while most of the Windows Updates can be removed, you may not be allowed to roll back some crucial security updates.
- Right-click on the Windows key and select Settings.
- Select Update & Security and open Advanced Options.
- Select Update history and click Uninstall Updates.
- When the system prepares the list of installed updates, select the update that triggered the Windows Store bug and click Uninstall.
After that, reboot the system.
Deactivate The Proxy Server
- Open your web browser and locate the three dots on your upper right.
- Launch the menu and continue with Settings.
- Opt for the Advanced section.
- Continue with the Open proxy settings section. Now you will be provided with the Internet Properties window.
- Select the LAN settings button.
- Furthermore, deselect the Automatically detect settings option that is placed under the Automatic configuration section.
- In addition, ensure that Use a proxy server for your LAN is not selected also.
- Opt for the OK button to save changes.
- Click OK again
Check If BITS Service Is Properly Operating
In some cases, the Windows Store Error 0x80244018 might be triggered due to the Background Intelligent Transfer Service not operating properly. So, if you ever start receiving this type of error code on your Windows computer, make sure to check this service and its operations.
You can do that by following the below-provided guidelines:
- Hold the Windows key and R button for a while and the run box should appear.
- Once this happens, type services .msc in it.
- Another window will appear and search for the BITS service here.
- When you discover it, right-click with your mouse and continue with Properties.
- On the Properties window make sure that you are on the General tab.
- Go to Startup type and choose Automatic (Delayed Start) from the drop-down menu.
- After that, continue with the Service status section and choose Start.
- Restart your computer system.
See Also: 0xc0000142 Error [Fixed] In 6 Easy Ways
These were our 5 methods by which you can successfully fix the error 0x80244018 problem. We hope this article was helpful to you. If you are overinformed about how to solve this issue, let us know so that we an include them in this article. Thank you!