Microsoft is a huge company with its branches all over the world. Windows Operating System, which is used in computers in one of their creations, is used worldwide. It is a user-friendly operating system. But every good thing has flaws in them just like its common error code 0x80070035.
Just like that, Windows also has a few problems. One of their problems is the error code 0x80070035.
Related: How To Fix The NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID Error?
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Solution For Error Code 0x80070035
- 3 Conclusion
Many users have reported that it was a problem in Windows 8.1 Pro after an update took place.
Unfortunately, appearing in Windows 8.1 in the first place has also made Windows 10 inherit it. It mainly occurs when a user is trying to try a NAS Drive Map. The error comes with a message “error code 0x80070035 The Network Path Not Found.”
Solution For Error Code 0x80070035
The error mentioned above mainly happens when the computer’s name used to connect to the internet is too long.
Of course, the user may try to shorten the name to avoid the error. But if that fails, then c can follow the steps mentioned below. Each process is a distinct way to solve the problem.
Method 1 Windows Feature
Can use this process to enable SMB V1.0.
After turning on the computer, the user should go to the Windows 10 search button and search for the Windows Feature.
After locating SMB 1.0/CIFS File sharing support. Should check that the tick is on. Then. You should click the OK button. After that, the user should again check to see if any error is occurring or not.
Method 2 Advanced Sharing
This process is to enable the sharing on the folder to solve error code 0x80070035.
Should click the Drive in the computer target.
Then you should click the sharing tab.
Should click advanced sharing.
The “Share should check this folder” option and should click the OK button.
Method 3 Credential Manager
This process is used to make use of the Credential Manager to solve error code 0x80070035.
- Should open the Control Panel.
- Click on “View by large icons.”
- Now click on Credential Manager
- Then you should click the Windows Credentials.
- Create New Windows Credential for sharing of the Computer/NAS.
Method 4 Make Use Of Credit
This process is used to make use of credit. For example, it would help if you searched msc credit. msc in the Windows search bar.
- Should open local group policy.
- Should browse the following locations in the local group policy editor.
- Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > Lanman Workstation
- Should enable the insecure guest logons hence fixing error code 0x80070035.
Use gpedit. msc in another way to solve error code 0x80070035.
The method is as follows :
- Search gpedit. msc in the Windows search bar.
- Open local group policy.
- The following locations should be browsed in the local group policy editor.
- Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Windows settings > Security Settings > Security Options
- Diable “Microsoft Network client: Digitally sign communications(always).”
See also: Windows Store Error 0x80244018 On Windows 10? 5 Easy Ways To Fix
Method 5 Error Code 0x80070035 Then Use Firewall
This process is used to make the Firewall and the antivirus disable temporarily.
The antivirus software should be opened, and the disabled button should it clicked (It is a temporary process).
- Open Control Panel
- Should click the Windows Defender Firewall among all the other options available.
- Click on turn Off/On Windows Defender Firewall.
- Turn off windows firewall defender should select for both public and private network settings.
- The OK button should be clicked, and the system should be restarted to fix error code 0x80070035.
See Also: Antimalware Service Executable High CPU Usage | 4 Simple Fixes
Method 6 Reinstall Network Adapters
Reinstall network adapters along with the hidden adapters with is a method.
- Open the Run window and the devmgmt.msc command should be typed. Then open device manager by clicking OK.
- The view tab in the Device Manager should be open, and the Show Hidden Devices option should be check.
- Expanding the list of network adaptors, the light-colored translucent icons should be shown by the hidden adaptors.
- Uninstall all the drivers.
- The system should be reboot to check whether the process is successful or not.
Method 7 Error Code 0x80070035 Then Add Protocol
- This adds reliable multicast protocol
- The run windows should be open, and ncpa.cpl should be type in it, and the OK button should be click.
- After clicking on the Ethernet, properties should be choose.
- Click the install button
- Select the protocol and add
- Should click the OK button after selecting the Reliable multicast protocol.
The processes mention above are solutions that are guarantee to work. But in case if one of them does not work, a user can easily try the next process. Excluding the processes written, there are also other methods to solve the error code 0x80070035 problem. Some of those methods enable the NetBios over the TCP/IP, Turning on Network Discovery, deleting every Windows Credentials, modifying Network security settings, using command prompt, connecting to the target computer using the IP, etc.
Feel free to ask any further questions and we will be there to answer them all. Moreover, stay connected to us and stay tuned to have more such awesome content.
See also: Windows Start Button Not Working? 6 Ways To Fix
Hello, I am McKenzie and I am totally obsessed with getting the best experience out of every device that I use. Hence, I started this blog to help others make the most of their devices and fix errors in a jiffy! 🙂