Origin is essentially a digital distribution platform developed by Electronic Arts that allows users to purchase and play games in an online format. However, just like with most software, there is a chance you can run into many problems on the Windows platform. One such error that many users have run into is the ‘Origin error code 9.0’.
Possible Fixes for Error Code 9.0:
1. The simplest method to fix the error code is a reboot of your PC. A reboot loads up all the files in the operating system once again. Hence it so acts to reduce the chances of you running into the problem again.
2. If a simple reboot doesn’t work, you can step up the troubleshooting by checking for updates. This can be crucial in fixing the problem as most Windows 10 machines tend to run into specific issues if we do not keep them to up to date. This process will also speed up your computer in general. In Windows 10, you can do this by clicking on the Start button, selecting the settings option, going to the Update and Security menu, and then checking for the latest update.
3. If the error code 9.0 problem persists, a slightly more drastic method to fix the problem would be to completely uninstall and then reinstall the Origin client on your PC. You can do this by opening the control panel and then selecting the ‘uninstall a program’ option. You can then proceed to find the Origin installation on your PC and then uninstall it.
4. Another method is to update the NET Framework installation on your computer. There is a high probability that the current NET Framework version on your PC does not work with Origin well. Therefore, updating it might be another easy fix for the problem. You can do so by downloading and installing the latest version from this link: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework.
5. If you have any antivirus software on your computer, then there is a fair chance that the antivirus is interfering with the Origin update client from running, leading to the error code 9.0. So, a possible fix is to disable your antivirus temporarily. Most antiviruses can be disabled from the system tray. However, it is preferable to look up how to disable your specific antivirus software on the web, given that there are many options available.
These are a few simple fixes one can do. Even then, if the problem continues, I suggest you do a factory reset of your PC and then try it. Or contact Origin customer service.
See Also: Fix “Origin Overlay Not Working Titanfall 2” Issue