FFXIV, also called Final Fantasy XIV, is an MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game). The game was developed by “Square Enix” in 2013 to replace the game’s 2010 version. The game takes place in a fictional land named “Eorzea.” The players can create and modify their characters in the game. Players also have to select a game server for the game. But an error code – 90002 occurs while playing the game, indicating a lost server connection. FFXIV 90002 fix can be taken care of in four easy ways.
Top 4 Ways to Perform FFXIV 90002 Fix Easily
Many players are facing this. There are some reasons because of which the error can happen. Also, FFXIV 90002 fix can be done in many ways.
Reboot the Router
This problem can be caused by IP or transmission control protocol inconsistency with the router. If it is like that, one can solve it easily by rebooting/resetting the router.
- At first, he has to press the power button on the back of the network device and wait for 30 seconds.
- After that, he has to power on his router again and wait for the internet connection to be re-built.
- Then he has to relaunch FFXIV and see if the problem is still there or not.
- If it is still there, then he has to do an advanced reboot to the router again.
- For this, he needs to press and hold the reset button of his network device with a sharp object until he sees the front LEDs are flashing.
- After that, release it and restart the credentials.
- After that, let the internet connection re-built and again launch the FFXIV to confirm if the FFXIV 90002 fix is successful.
Disable Large Send Offload
This error can also happen because of the network adapter setting named – Large Send Offload. If it is like that, then one has to disable it.
- Press Windows key + R to open a Run dialog box.
- After that, type ncpa.cpl in the text box and then press Enter to open the Network Connection menu.
- In that menu, right-click on his active Ethernet network and click on Properties from the context menu.
- In the Ethernet Properties menu, he has to select the Networking tab and click on Configure.
- Once he gets to the Controller Properties menu, he has to select the Advanced tab from the horizontal menu at the top and then select Large Send Offload v2 (IPv4) from the Property menu, then has to set its value to Disabled.
- Then repeat the same thing with the Large Send Offload v2 (IPv6) property and then click OK to save the changes.
- Restart the computer and see if the FFXIV 90002 fix works.
Reinstalling the Game for FFXIV 90002 Fix
The error can also happen due to malformed and all that. To resolve this, one needs to re-install the game.
- For this, press the Windows key + R to open a Run dialog box and then type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and click-on Enter to open the Programs and Features screen.
- Then type appwiz.cpl and Press Enter to Open Installed Programs Page.
- In the Programs and Features screen, scroll down the list of installed items and find the FFXIV installation.
- Then right-click on it and choose Uninstall from the newly appeared menu.
- In the uninstallation screen, he has to follow the instructions to complete the process.
- Once complete, he has to restart his computer and go ahead with the reinstallation of the FFXIV.
- After the installation is complete, he has to relaunch the game and see if FFXIV 90002 fix is clear or not.
Disabling Avast Firewall (if applicable)
The error can also happen because of a conflict with Avast Firewall. It messes up when receiving the raw network traffic by FFXIV from tapping into this same traffic.
- If this is applicable, one should try to fix it by disabling the taskbar menu’s real-time protection.
- Another solution is to uninstall the 3rd party suite altogether. For this, one has to press Windows key + R to open a Run dialog box, then type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and click on Enter to open the Programs and Features menu.
- In the Programs and Features menu, he has to scroll down the list of installed programs and find out the antivirus that he thinks might be causing problems with Final Fantasy XIV.
- Once he finds it out, he has to right-click on it and choose Uninstall from the context menu.
- He has to follow the uninstallation prompts to complete the process and restart his computer at the uninstallation screen.
- Once the steps are done, launch the game once again and see if the FFXIV 90002 fix is error-free or not.
These are the four ways in which FFXIV 90002 fix works.
See also: 4 Ways To Fix Netflix Error Code: UI3012