One of the most popular MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) is Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV) where the game and FFXIV 90002 fix error comes hand in hand.
- 1 What Is FFXIV?
- 2 Where The Problem Lies?
- 3 Steps To Solve FFXIV 90002 Error
- 4 Conclusion
What Is FFXIV?
It is an online video game developed under Square Enix. You can play this game on all platforms; Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and macOS. And Xbox players will be able to experience it soon as well. This particular game has made a position on the charts of all gamers around the globe which comes along with a very commonly seen error ffxiv 90002 fix.
It functions with a game server and provides the flexibility of using a game controller to play. You choose an avatar among the five playable races, and that sets you for the beginning of an adventure. It is a battle play, where you find physical attacks, weaponry skills, and magical attacks.
Now, people playing on windows PC are pointing out an error code 90002 showing up, which states, “loss of connection to the server.” Alike the FFXIV errors, this error disconnects players from the server.
Before jumping to the fixes of this particular error, we will see the reasons behind it.
See Also: 0xc0000142 Error [Fixed] In 6 Easy Ways
Where The Problem Lies?
You are seeing this error even if you have a stable connection, and everything is fine? Yes, you can get this error often because of the massive network performance it trails. The root of the cause can be anything like a little issue in network connectivity, interruptions from antivirus, or maybe the device you are using. Or maybe the type of DNS.
Thus further, we’ll walk through 4 ways to resolve this problem, focusing on each root cause so that your gaming experience would be hassle-free.
Important note: Before attempting to resolve this error with the ways provided, reboot/reset your router or use a VPN. To check if problems disappear this way. If not, we recommend the fixes mentioned below.
Steps To Solve FFXIV 90002 Error
Follow the methods given below
Method #1: Disable Large Send Offload
This is the first method for ffxiv 90002 fix. The network adapter settings have this option for large send offload. It works to prevent upper-level protocols (like TCP), breaking the large packets into a series of smaller packets with singular headers; usually, this process helps optimize the network performance. Unfortunately, though, games like FFXIV might get disconnected from the internet if the option is on.
To disable large send offload, follow along:
- Press Win + R to call the Run window. Then give input ncpa.cpl and click OK to open Network Connection.
- Right-click on the currently used network, then go to properties. A pop-up window will arrive, and you need to click on Configure under the Networking tab.
- Go to the Advanced tab, then click Large Send Offload v2 (IPv4) in the property section. Select Disabled for the value. Repeat the same for Large Send Offload v2 (IPv6) as well.
- Press on OK to save the settings. And you are good to go!
After this fix, makes sure to restart your computer and check if FFXIV is running smoothly. If the errors pop up again, go down to the next fix.
Method #2:To FFXIV 90002 fix Try Using Google DNS
The easiest way to FFXIV 90002 fix error, changing the DNS to Google DNS. Here, how to achieve it on windows.
- Open Network Connections and click on Properties of the network you are using right now.
- Look under the Networking tab. And double-click on Internet Protocol V4 (TCP/ IPv4) you will get its properties.
- Now, the window will show Use the following DNS server address. Click on it and set the addresses as;
Preferred DNS server: 188.8.131.52
Alternate DNS server: 184.108.40.206, then press OK.
4. Click on Protocol Version 6 (TCO/IPv6) Properties. Feed the server addresses by clicking on Use the following DNS server address.
Preferred DNS server: 2001:4860:4890::8888
Alternate DNS server: 2001:4860:4860::8844
5. Press OK to save the changes you made.
Once you are done with all the steps, restart your computer, and enjoy the game!
Method #3:To FFXIV 90002 fix Disable Antivirus And Firewall Temporarily
With reports of FFXIV 90002 fix error, it has been found some third-party antivirus and firewall software like Avast can also cause it. So, disable it temporarily to fix the error.
If disabling doesn’t fix the problem, then only go with the steps given below to disable antivirus.
- Press Win+R to open the Run window. Type appwix.cpl there, that will take you to the programs menu.
- You need to identify the antivirus causing the issue.
3. Find it and choose to uninstall it.
An issue with malware? Click Here to see.
Method #4: Reinstall FFXIV To FFXIV 90002 fix
Last but not least way to solve FFXIV 90002 fix is to try reinstalling the game. Go to the Control Panel, open View by Category at the upper right corner. Select to uninstall a program. Then right-click on FFXIV and Uninstall.
Following the on-screen instructions, the uninstallation process is done. After that, you can download and install it again.
This was our take on how to fix the FFXIV 90002 error. With the above-mentioned fixes, you can easily solve the FFXIV 90002 error and enjoy the game. Check out our website for more such tech-related content and a lot of fixers for such similar problems.
Do not forget to leave us your feedback in the comments section below. We would be more than happy to hear from you!:)
Hello, I am McKenzie and I am totally obsessed with getting the best experience out of every device that I use. Hence, I started this blog to help others make the most of their devices and fix errors in a jiffy! 🙂