One of the most common games in this century- Garry’s Mod, is reported to crash now and then, leading to some frustrations among the gaming community. To avoid or fix this issue, we can follow a few steps before we try and lodge an official complaint to the game developers’. This article will explore all the possible fixes if the gmod keeps crashing.
Garry’s Mod was initially developed by Facepunch Studios and published as a mod for Valve’s Source game engine in 2004 by Garry Newman. Due to the immense popularity of the Mod, it was later released as a standalone game by Valve in 2006. The fun doesn’t offer many objectives, but it gives the players a chance to manipulate objects in a virtual world.
7 Ways To Fix Gmod Keeps Crashing
There could be many reasons that Garry’s Mod may have crashed, like a faulty graphics driver, software conflicts, improper game settings, low RAM, etc. Luckily for you, we have found ways to fix the issue/ issues. You can try the method that you feel is best suited to fix your problem.
Visit: Garry’s Mod
Restart Your Computer
You may run multiple programs on your PC, which may be using up all your system’s resources, leading to GMod freezing up or crashing. Sometimes you may not even know which program is running in the background to stop it.
One solution is to restart your PC and open the game to see if the problems still linger.
Launch GMod With Administrator Privileges
One of the first methods you can try is launching the app with administrator privileges:
- Right-click the GMod shortcut and select properties.
- Select the compatibility tab and “Run this program as an administrator.”
- Select Apply and click on OK to save your changes.
Check Your PC Specks
One of the main reasons your app may be crashing could be the high resolution, graphics, and in-game video settings. To fix this issue, check the minimum system requirements to play GMod and change the game’s settings according to your PC requirements to fix gmod keeps crashing.
These are the recommended requirements needed to play GMod:
|Processor:||2.5 GHz Processor or better|
|Memory:||8 GB RAM|
|Graphics:||1GB dedicated VRAM or better|
|Storage:||20 GB available space|
Verify The Integrity Of The Game Files
Sometimes, certain files and resources that GMod requires to run successfully may be missing from your PC, leading to it crashing and hanging. This problem may also occur due to damage to the necessary files. Gmod keeps crashing problem can be checked easily by verifying the integrity of the system’s game files:
- Open Steam on your PC and select Library.
- Find Garry’s Mod from the list of games and right-click.
- Select Properties and select the local files tab.
- Select Verify integrity of game files and check the integrity.
- After verifying the files, relaunch GMod to check and see if the issue lingers.
Disable Automatic Downloads From The Server
If you have enabled automatic downloads in your app, the downloads may hog up the Internet, which will lead to slowness in your PC, which may cause the game Gmod keeps crashing or hanging. A slow internet connection could be a cause of the problem. To stop these automatic downloads, follow these steps:
- Open GMod on your PC and find Options.
- Open the Multiplayer tab.
- Go to the option “When a game server tries to download custom content to your computer,” select Do not download any custom files, and then choose OK.
Relaunch the game and check if the issue still lingers.
Reinstall The Game
Even after all these options have been tried, if the issues still linger, there may be a problem with the version you have installed on your PC, and you may need to reinstall the game. Uninstall the game from your PC and download the latest version from GMod’s official website or Steam. Doing the same will likely fix the problem, and you can continue playing without any issues.
Reset PC Components
If none of the software-based solutions work, the problem may likely be due to some faulty hardware in your PC. If this is the case, any answers you use may only temporarily fix the issue of gmod keeps crashing, and the game may crash again. There are a few ways that you can solve this issue:
- Unplug your PC from the source of electricity for a while.
- Unplug all external devices like your keyboard, mouse, printer, etc.
- Set your PC on a flat surface and verify if you have unplug it from all energy sources.
- Open up your PC and obtain access to its motherboard.
- Check the RAM sticks and inspect any add-ons that may be present on them other than the graphics card and sound card.
- Look out for the wires on the card and make sure they don’t get any damage when you are testing the RAM.
- Reconnect all the cables you had unplugged and close up your PC.
- Plug in your PC to the power source and attach all the external hardware devices.
- Restart your system and open GMod to check whether the problem rectifies.
These steps will likely solve the issue, and it may be a long time before it occurs again. If the problems persist, it may be time to contact the game developers or authorized personnel. This solution will solve your panic of gmod keeps crashing. Hoping that this article has helped you to reach your desired goals.
Hello, I am McKenzie and I am totally obsessed with getting the best experience out of every device that I use. Hence, I started this blog to help others make the most of their devices and fix errors in a jiffy! 🙂