Hulu is a US-based live video streaming app. The app is quite user-friendly, but recently many application users have reported the Hulu error code 504. This error appears as the gateway timeout error and is an HTTP status code. This is usually related to internet connection issues.
When the internet speed fluctuates due to old equipment and maintenance issues, it starts displaying various errors, and the Hulu error code 504 is one of them. So, if you are struggling with the Hulu error code 504, this article will teach you how to fix it.
See also: 0xc00d36c4 Error Code | Top 5 Fixes 
- 1 Fix Hulu Error Code 504 On Windows
- 1.1 Method 1 Check Your Internet Connection
- 1.2 Method 2 Hulu Error Code 504 Then Clear Browser Cache
- 1.3 Method 3 Update The Hulu App
- 1.4 Method 4 Hulu Error Code 504 Then Perform Power Cycle
- 1.5 Method 5 Reinstall Hulu App
- 1.6 Method 6 Wait For Server Connectivity Issue To Resolve
- 1.7 Method 7 Tweak Firewall Settings
- 1.8 Method 8 Hulu Error Code 504 Then Try Lowering Video Quality
- 1.9 Method 9 Using VPN
- 2 Conclusion
Fix Hulu Error Code 504 On Windows
Here are some ways by which you can fix Hulu error code 504 on Windows
Method 1 Check Your Internet Connection
Follow the steps to do so:
- Disable and remove all the devices connected to your network.
- Immediately close all the apps and programs running in the background and restart your system
- Finally, place the router near your device.
- Now connect all the removed devices back to your network.
Check if you have the given internet speed to run Hulu smoothly on your device. The speed required for various resolutions are:
- HD 720p : 3 Mbps
- HD 1080p : 6 Mbps
- 4K Ultra HD: 13 Mbps
At last, verify if the Hulu error code 504 is fixed or not.
See Also: Visit Hulu
Method 2 Hulu Error Code 504 Then Clear Browser Cache
If the solution mentioned above did not work for you, try to refresh the browser cache as it may get corrupted and cause problems while streaming videos on Hulu. Follow the steps to do so:
- Open the web browser and on the top-right corner, click on the three dots icon.
- Select the option – More Tools and then click on the Clear Browsing Data button.
- Now at the menu, select a time range
- Checkmark the boxes next to Cached images and files, Browsing history, Cookies, and other site data.
- Then click on Clear Data and close the window
- In the end, restart your system completely
- This will clear your web browser, and hopefully, the Hulu error code 504 is solved.
See Also : Windows 10 Won’t Boot Error | Best 4 Fixes
Method 3 Update The Hulu App
Sometimes you can fix the error by installing the latest update of the app. Follow these steps to update it:
- On your system, open the Microsoft Store
- On the top, at the right side of the window, click on the three dots.
- Then click on the Updates and Downloads option.
- Next, click on Get updates and wait for some time till the downloading process completes.
- As it finishes, open the Hulu app.
- And after updating the Hulu app, check if the Hulu error code 504 is fixed or not.
See Also : We Couldn’t Complete The Updates Undoing Changes | [Fixed]
Method 4 Hulu Error Code 504 Then Perform Power Cycle
It will optimize the streaming process by reinstalling the functionality of the whole network and the devices.
To perform a complete power cycle, switch off the router and modem and switch them on after a couple of minutes.
- Then check if the error code 504 from the Hulu screen is fixed or not.
- Verify Hulu Server Status
- Many app users confirmed that they cannot access Hulu due to the issues occurring in the Hulu server. And it is estimated that the Hulu error 504 may occur due to server issues.
- In this case, you should contact the Hulu support team and report to them about the error code so that they analyze it accordingly.
See also: Netflix Freezing Computer Error | 6 Ways To Solve
Method 5 Reinstall Hulu App
Try to reinstall the Hulu app if none of the above methods worked for you. The following steps will guide you to uninstall and reinstall the Hulu app on Windows:
- Click on the Start button on Windows.
- Click on the Settings and then Apps.
- Locate the Hulu app and click on it in the Apps & feature window.
- Now select the Uninstall option.
- Wait until the uninstallation process completes and then restart your system.
- After it restarts, open Microsoft Store.
- Locate the Hulu app and then click on Get for reinstalling it.
As Hulu is installed, launch it and verify if the error 504 appears on the screen or not.
Additionally, uninstalling the apps won’t fix the issue completely because some of the registry entries and junk files are left behind on the system, which creates issues the next time when you reinstall the particular application. So, make sure that you use the third-party uninstaller to uninstall the software completely. For example, you can get Revo Uninstaller to Uninstall Hulu App Completely.
In this article, all the methods are tested and easy to follow. You make sure to follow it correctly till you find the one that helps you fix your problem.
Method 6 Wait For Server Connectivity Issue To Resolve
For this purpose, a website may take down its service to fix the problem.
In this situation, users may face error 504. If any user encounters such a problem, then the only way to resolve this issue is to wait for the server to get fixed. Once the server is fixed, the issue will be resolved. Err Connection Timed Out? Click Here.
Method 7 Tweak Firewall Settings
- Press “Windows + R” keys simultaneously on your keyboard to open the Run prompt.
- Type in “Control Firewall.cpl” and press “Enter.”
- Then in the command to fix Hulu error code 504
- Finally, type in Command
- Click on the “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” option.
- Allow an app through firewall
- Afterward, choose the “Change Settings” option and then click on the “Allow another App. “
- Click on the “Browse” option from here and point to the location of Hulu’s Installation folder.
- Click “Add” and then exit out of this window.
See Also: The most secure Windows ever
Method 8 Hulu Error Code 504 Then Try Lowering Video Quality
- Open the Hulu application on your Android or desktop PC.
- Look for the settings icon and click on it. Below the video quality option, you will observe (auto, low, medium, high) options.
- Checkmark the “low” or “medium” option.
- On iOS devices, video quality, can’t be lower because they automatically detect the internet speed and play the video to the best quality accordingly.
Method 9 Using VPN
- It is possible that Hulu has been block in your area or your country, and all users who are trying to connect have been block from that area.
- Therefore, you will have to use a VPN to access the service from that specific location. Make sure to download one from AppStore or Microsoft Store, depending on the device that you are using. Click here to access SecureVPN – Trusted High-speed VPN Service
These were our Top 10 ways to fix Hulu error code 504. If you follow these steps , you’ll be able to solve the problem with no hassle at all. Do try them and let us know how useful these methods were to you. Happy streaming!
See also: Fix Roku Screen Mirroring Not Working In Windows 10 Issue
Hello, I am McKenzie and I am totally obsessed with getting the best experience out of every device that I use. Hence, I started this blog to help others make the most of their devices and fix errors in a jiffy! 🙂