The Modern Setup Host is a core element of the Windows running device. You’ll locate it on any Windows laptop, no matter the running device model or build. Windows robotically downloads and Install the Modern Setup Host’s setup file (SetupHost.exe) for your computer.
Naturally, the technique remains inactive in hibernation mode, nearly adoring it doesn’t exist. However, the Modern Setup Host comes alive when you’re putting in a minor or primary Windows replacement for your laptop.
The number one characteristic of the Modern Setup Host is to put together your laptop to put in Windows updates. During the setup technique, you’ll locate the Modern Setup Host strolling withinside the background.
It’s an important factor for your Windows laptop. Without the Modern Setup Host, you’ll be unable to replace your PC with a new running device. Likewise, you can come upon problems updating your laptop to Windows 10 from older Windows variations if the Modern Setup Host is corrupt or malfunctioning.
The Modern Setup Host file is located on your computer’s local disc in the C:/$Windows.BT/Sources folder. It is a self-starting executable setup file that cannot be started manually unless a Windows update is ready to be installed.
4 Solutions For Modern Setup Host Issues
The Windows 10 operating system includes a tool that diagnoses and automatically resolves issues that prevent your computer from installing updates. This tool may also be useful in determining problems that are causing the Modern Setup Host to malfunction.
Solution 1: Launch The Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Launch Windows Settings and select Updates & Security from the drop-down menu.
- Click Troubleshoot on the right sidebar.
- After selecting Windows Update, click the Run the troubleshooter button.
- If the Windows Update troubleshooter discovers a problem that prevents your computer from installing an update, click Apply the fix to resolve the issue immediately.
Solution 2: Start By Removing The Software Distribution Folder
The Software Distribution folder contains critical files required for installing new updates on your computer. Installing Windows updates may be difficult if this folder contains corrupted or conflicting temporary files. Furthermore, the Modern Setup Host process may linger in the background, increasing CPU usage.
To resolve this, empty the Software Distribution folder and restart your computer. You don’t have to be concerned about your device breaking. Windows will re-download the required files.
To delete the contents of the Software Distribution folder, follow the steps below.
- Use the “Windows + R” keyboard shortcut to open the Windows Run prompt
- Then, in the dialogue box, type software distribution and press OK.
- Delete everything in the Software Distribution folder. Better yet, save the content in a different folder on your computer.Is your TF2 also not launching on Windows 10? Refer to this article and solve your issue.
Solution 3: Turn Off Background Apps
Remove as many unnecessary background apps as possible. In Modern Setup Host, This should reduce the CPU load on your computer. Also, it should speed up the Windows Update process. When useless apps run in the background, they consume CPU resources that should be used for critical system functions.
- Open the Windows Settings menu and choose Privacy.
- On the right sidebar, scroll to the App permissions section and select Background apps.
- Examine the background applications and disable any that you rarely use.
Solution 4: Remove Corrupted Files
Unexpected interruptions (such as internet or power outages) during the download. And installation of Windows Updates can accumulate corrupt files. As a result, the Modern Setup Host process may become stuck in the background and consume many CPU resources.
To repair corrupt files preventing the Windows update, use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) and System File Checker (SFC) tools.
In the Windows Search box, type “cmd” or “command prompt” and click Run as administrator.
- In the Windows Search box, type “cmd” or “command prompt” and click Run as administrator.
- Paste the command into the console and press Enter on your keyboard- “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth”
- Before moving on, wait until the tool has finished scanning your computer (i.e., when the progress bar reaches 100%).
- Paste the command into the console and press Enter on your keyboard- “DISM.exe /Online /Image-cleanup /Checkhealth”.
- Wait until the progress bar reaches 100% before moving on to the next step.
- Copy and paste this command into the console, then press Enter- “DISM.exe /Online /Image-cleanup /Restorehealth”
- Finally, run the System File Checker tool by pasting the command- “scannow /sfc”
See Also: 4 Ways To Fix PS4 Corrupted Database
Please remember that each command can take several minutes (say, 10 – 20 minutes) to complete. Do not close or interrupt the Command Prompt window.
When these commands have been successfully executed, restart your computer and see if the Modern.
Dale Fox is an Editor, helping people get the most out of their technology. He’s been a tech nerd ever since childhood, when he used the money from his first job as a paperboy to buy a subscription to GamesMaster magazine, and has a whole room at home dedicated as a shrine to the countless gadgets he’s purchased over the decades. Dale was previously a presenter, reporter and editor in China, where he also worked as a copywriter for OnePlus at its Shenzhen HQ.