Many people work on graphic-intensive applications; they constantly need to control how their graphics card is used. There may be instances where people need to change the orientation, size, scaling, etc., of their display to make their work more efficient. For this purpose, the NVIDIA Control Panel comes into the light. But what if there is an issue in the working or opening of the Panel?NVIDIA Control Panel Not Opening On Windows
What if you are having trouble opening the NVIDIA Control Panel in Windows. There may be an issue either with the system or the control panel. Some common problems resolve and open the NVIDIA Control Panel in Windows.
- 1 Ways To Fix NVIDIA Control Panel Issue
- 1.1 Method 1 Restart Your PC
- 1.2 Method 2 Restart The NVIDIA Control Panel Application
- 1.3 Method 3 Restart Certain NVIDIA Services
- 1.4 Method 4 Update Your NVIDIA Display Drivers Software
- 1.5 Method 5 Force Open The NVIDIA Control Panel
- 1.6 Method 6 Update NVIDIA Display Driver Or Graphics Driver
- 1.7 Method 7 End NVIDIA Display Container Process
- 2 Conclusion
Ways To Fix NVIDIA Control Panel Issue
The following are few methods to fix the issue
Method 1 Restart Your PC
On Windows 10 PC, one of the simple ways of fixing any fault is by restarting your computer. Many of the temporary items on the PC gets reset. If the NVIDIA Control Panel is facing glitches on a minor scale and not opening, one can,
- Open the START menu by pressing the Windows key.
- Select the power icon on the start menu.
- Choose Restart from the power menu.
- When the PC restarts, try to open the NVIDIA Control Panel and see if it opens without any issue.
Method 2 Restart The NVIDIA Control Panel Application
Sometimes the Panel gets stuck in a loop and refuses to start. If you come across the same issue, you can force close the app causing the problem from the Task Manager and reopen it to see it’s working. You can follow the following steps:
- Open Task Manager on your PC
- In the Task Manager, select the processes tab on the top.
- In the Processes tab, select the NVIDIA Control Panel Application and select it.
- Right-click the NVIDIA Control Panel from the expanded process menu and choose End task from the menu.
- This will close the Panel on your PC. Now, open the start menu, search for Panel and select it.
- This would lead to the opening of the Panel without any issues.
Method 3 Restart Certain NVIDIA Services
Some services are necessary to run on your PC for the NVIDIA Control Panel to function. To do so, one must-
- Open the Run box by pressing Windows+ R at the same time.
- Type services.msc in the Run box and press Enter.
- The Service window will open. Find the NVIDIA Panel and double click it.
- The chosen service’s window will open. If the service status field says Stopped, click on the Start button to start the service.
Method 4 Update Your NVIDIA Display Drivers Software
One of the main things that one should do is update their Display Drivers. To download the software, one needs to move to the latest Display Driver Download Website. From the drop-down menu, you need to select the exact model of your Graphics Card. After searching, you will come across the latest software and download the latest available software.
Reboot the computer for the changes to be applied.
Still Can’t Open The NVIDIA Control Panel?
If you cannot open the NVIDIA Control Panel, you should see the updates available to your drivers and system. Check for the antivirus. One can also try to disable the Fast Boot Option in windows 10. If even that does not work, one can try restarting the application from the installation directory directly.
Method 5 Force Open The NVIDIA Control Panel
To force open the NVIDIA Control Panel
- Restart the Process for the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Then press, Ctrl+ Shift +Esc at the same time or right-click Taskbar to launch Task Manager.
- Try to locate the NVIDIA Control Panel, expand it, and right-click the Panel sub-process to choose End task.
- After following all these steps, try opening the NVIDIA Control Panel to see if it opens and you can access it.
Method 6 Update NVIDIA Display Driver Or Graphics Driver
Several problems arise when there is an outdated driver. Installing an updated version might prove to be helpful. You can update the graphic card driver in 2 ways-
- Opening the Device Manager using WIN+ X followed by pressing the M key. The next step is to navigate the display adapters list and expand it. Right-click on the NVIDIA listing and choose the update driver option. After selecting it, click on the Optional Update under the Windows Update button. Install the driver update once it is located
- If aware of the driver version, one can install it manually. Use the device manager to go to the display adapters’ properties and switch to the Driver tab. The next step is to visit the OEM website. Download the driver based on the version of windows installed on your computer. Install it to see if the issues faced are resolved.
Method 7 End NVIDIA Display Container Process
One of the most reasons for high CPU usage is the nvdisplay.container.exe application. Hence You can check by opening the Task Manager and notice that this application takes a lot of storage on the computer.
So Sometimes, some applications get stuck, and they cannot close result in resources relating to a stuck for a long time. The best way to obtain rid of it is by right-clicking on the NVIDIA Display Container Process and ending it using the Task Manager.
In conclusion Above are some ways listed to Solve The NVIDIA Control Panel Not Opening On Windows Problem. I hope the post was easy to follow, and you were able to resolve the problem that resulted in the not opening of the Nvidia Control Panel.
Hello, I am McKenzie and I am totally obsessed with getting the best experience out of every device that I use. Hence, I started this blog to help others make the most of their devices and fix errors in a jiffy! 🙂