Windows 10 provides a seamless and straightforward process to uninstall programs/applications in its environment. Still, errors can occur when a user attempts to uninstall multiple programs simultaneously, or a system bug may also cause the error to pop up. The error message reads, “Please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling Windows 10.”
Thus, this article provides ways to fix this error.
See Also: What to do when Microsoft Teams won’t uninstall?
- 1 Ways To Fix The Error
- 2 Conclusion
Ways To Fix The Error
A faulty program uninstallation or a botched updation attempt can also cause the error to pop up when uninstalling another program. The error can be irritating, but thankfully, there are multiple ways to troubleshoot the issue. These ways to resolve the error “please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling windows 10” are:
Reboot The Computer
When the error “Please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling or being changed” occurs, the simplest way to solve it is to restart the system. This causes all the running processes to stop, and the reboot causes the system to start anew, which can rectify the buggy processes.
Just shut down the computer usually, let it be for some minutes and then switch it back on. Check if you can uninstall the relevant program again without any errors.
See Also: Windows 10 Won’t Boot Error | Best 4 Fixes
Restart The Windows Explorer Process From The Task Manager
Windows Explorer is a file manager program that provides a GUI (Graphical User Interface) to view and manage the different files in the system. Restarting the “explorer.exe” process may solve the error “Please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling or being changed” about uninstalling programs, as it will restart the operations with default configurations.
The steps to resolve the error- please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling windows 10, are :
- Right-click on the Taskbar and click on Task Manager.
- In the Processes tab, look for Windows Explorer.
- Click on it and then click the Restart option in the pop-up menu that appears.
Check if you can uninstall the relevant program again without any errors.
Disable The Windows Firewall / Any Other Antivirus
The error “Please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling or being changed” can also occur due to interference by the antivirus software present in the system.
In Windows 10 systems, the default antivirus is the Windows Defender Firewall, and disabling it may solve the issue.
The steps to do that are :
- In the Start Menu search bar, type Windows Defender and click the top option that appears.
- In the window’s left pane, click on the option “Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.”
- On the next page that appears, click on the option “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended)” for both private and public network settings.
If you have any other antivirus software, disable/uninstall it too. Now, check if you can uninstall the relevant program again without any errors.
Re-register The Windows Installer Service
The Windows Installer Service manages the installation and uninstallation processes of different programs. Unregistering and registering it can solve the error “Please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling or being changed.”
The steps to do that are :
- In the Start Menu’s search bar, type cmd, then right-click on Command Prompt and choose the Run as Administrator option from the menu.
- In the Command Prompt window, type the command “msiexec /unreg .”This will unregister the service.
- Then, type the command “msiexec /regserver” to re-register the service.
Now, check if you can uninstall the relevant program again without any errors.
See Also: 8 Ways To Fix Window Live Mail Error ID 0x800ccc0f
Use The Program Install And Uninstall Troubleshooter
Microsoft provides a Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter to its users, which can be downloaded here.
This program can help solve issues relating to the installation and uninstallation of programs, including the error “Please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling or being changed.”
After downloading the Troubleshooter, run it and follow the steps prompted by it. After a thorough scan will show a list of applications and programs in the system. Please select the relevant program you want to uninstall and try to uninstall it using the Troubleshooter.
Uninstall The Program In Safe Mode
Safe Mode provides a simplified view of the system with only the essential system files, drivers, and programs being accessible in it. In Safe Mode, the uninstallation of the relevant program may occur if a system file/driver bug causes the error.
The steps to uninstall applications in Safe Mode are :
- Press the Windows Key + I and select the Update & Security option.
- After that, select the Recovery option from the left pane, and in the right pane, click on the Restart now button under the Advanced startup section.
- Select Troubleshoot, then Advanced options, and then Startup Settings. Now, click on the Restart button in the Startup Settings screen.
- Once the Startup Settings menu loads, press 4 to choose the option “Enable Safe Mode.”
- Then the system will restart now in Safe Mode. Try to uninstall the relevant program and check if the uninstallation is successful.
- To exit the Safe Mode, restart your PC normally.
See also: Windows Is Still Setting Up The Class Configuration For This Device-Fixed
These were the most effective ways to troubleshoot the error of “Please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling Windows 10.” Hence, we hope you solved your issue using one of the above solutions! Click here to know How To Fix “The Software Change Returned Error Code 0x643 1603?”
See Also: Outlook 2010 Only Opening In Safe Mode? Fix Here – AMT
Dale Fox is an Editor, helping people get the most out of their technology. He’s been a tech nerd ever since childhood, when he used the money from his first job as a paperboy to buy a subscription to GamesMaster magazine, and has a whole room at home dedicated as a shrine to the countless gadgets he’s purchased over the decades. Dale was previously a presenter, reporter and editor in China, where he also worked as a copywriter for OnePlus at its Shenzhen HQ.