The Print Screen is a function to capture an image of the entire screen or its portion. The data is stored in your computer memory which you can paste to an image editor, word processor, email editor or other related software. Using this feature is quite easy. As for capturing the screen image, click on the Print Screen key on your keyboard. We have seen print screen not working on some devices, as some computers use different combinations of keys with the Print Screen button. So, make sure you have tried those sets of combinations. Some of these combinations for Windows 10 are:
- fn + prt sc
- alt + prt sc
- alt + fn + prt sc
- windows key + prt sc
You can also use an app that comes with Windows 10, i.e., the snipping tool, if you see your print screen button not working windows 10. The easiest way to get to it is to open up the search and type in a Snipping Tool. The snipping tool can take still screenshots of an open window, rectangular areas, a free-form area, or the entire screen. So, follow these steps to know how to use the snipping tool:
- Open up the search, type in the snipping tool,
- Click on it and open up snipping tools,
- Now, you can select which form of screenshot you want to take.
Facing some other issue on Windows 10? Is it the 0xc00d36c4 Error or probably the 0xc0000142 Error? We have got you covered!
- 1 4 Ways To Fix Print Screen Not Working In Windows 10
- 2 Conclusion
4 Ways To Fix Print Screen Not Working In Windows 10
If you see your print screen button not working, you must have got an idea that there is an issue with it. If there is, then let’s get fix this.
Method 1 Print Screen not Working then Update Keyboard Driver
The first thing you will need to do if you see your print screen not working is update your keyboard driver. This will usually have bug fixes that could fix this problem. To do this, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the start button, this is located on the lower left side of the screen,
- Click on the device manager, now this will open the device manager window,
- Click on the forward arrow sign before keyboards, this will show you the keyboard connected to your computer,
- Right-click on the keyboard, then click on update driver. This will allow you to install the drivers.
- Click on search automatically for updated driver software. Windows will search your computer on the internet for the latest drivers and install them. Restart your computer.
Then check if the Print Screen is not working in Windows 10 issue still occurs. If not, you may prefer another method.
Method 2 Print Screen not Working then Update Windows 10 Software
Still see screenshot not working on your PC? There is another possible reason why this problem occurs is because of an outdated software version. Try to check it for windows ten update is available and install it. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click on the start button,
- Click on settings, click on update and security,
- Press on the check for updates button, download any updates available, then restart your computer.
- Check if the Print Screen is not working in Windows 10 issue still occurs. If not, you may prefer another method.
Method 3 Check Programs Running In The Background
Make sure OneDrive, Dropbox, and Snipping tools are not running in the background. Sometimes these programs interfere with the Print Screen key making Windows 10 print screen not working, so to check if these programs are running on to end task, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the task map bar,
- Click on task manager, go to the Details tab.
- They will be alphabetically sorted, so it is easier to find programs. After finding them right-click on them and choose the end task from the options.
Now, check if the Print Screen is not working in Windows 10 issue still occurs. If not, you may prefer another method.
Method 4 Print Screen not Working then Change Screenshots Settings
In this method, you’ve to change screenshot settings to fix the print screen not working issue. Follow these steps to do the same:
- Right-click on the OneDrive icon, and the task manager
- Click on settings
- Click on the backup tab.
- Select “Automatically save screenshots I capture to OneDrive.”
- Click on “ok.”
Now, check if the Print Screen is not working Windows 10 issue still works. Read the below-mentioned paragraph if it still doesn’t work.
I hope this guide might help you. Don’t panic if your print screen doesn’t work. Feel free to contact the customer support of Microsoft after trying these alternatives. And your device is designed for the number of start-up/shut-down cycles, but that doesn’t mean that you’ll try every method mentioned above subsequently. Turning the computer back on too quickly may lead to freezing or system instability, but it still is unlikely to cause hardware damage.
So, these are the methods by which you can fix print screen not working error. Windows 10 allows you to take screenshots in many ways, so just pick anyone who suits your comfort level at best. You may use shortcut combinations of keys or may use a snipping tool also. Don’t think that you have to go to the search bar for the snipping tool and all, as you may also pin the snipping tool. And there are shortcut keys for different forms of screenshots also. I hope this was useful. However, if you are one of the many people who have been experiencing problems with Showbox not working properly on your device, then this article is for you!
Hello, I am McKenzie and I am totally obsessed with getting the best experience out of every device that I use. Hence, I started this blog to help others make the most of their devices and fix errors in a jiffy! 🙂