What triggers the random shutdown of the PS4? To fix the issue of ps4 turns on then off, smoothly, it is necessary to figure out the possible causes.
This article is also useful for ps4 pro turns on then off, ps4 turns on by itself, ps4 turning on and off, ps4 turns on and off, ps4 turns on then off right away.
How To Fix The Issue?
After analyzing the reports and messages of many users, we sum up the reasons for the problem as follows:
Prevent Overheating Of The Console
To avoid overheating, carry out the steps below.
- Keep your device away from sunlight and keep it well ventilated.
- Verify that the fan on the PS4 is not jammed, and if the fan is blocked, it cannot disperse the hot air properly and overheat and shutdown. You must also check that the fan is rotating.
- Use a compressed airbox to clean the air supply to the device and use compressed air in the fan area to remove any accumulation of dust or dirt.
Find A Software Upgrade
In some cases, an obsolete software release may cause this issue. To eliminate this ps4 turns on then off issue, you will need to ensure that the device works on the latest software release.
- Use a USB flash drive with a minimum of 400 MB of available space.
- Create a new folder referred to as PS4. Then open the PS4 folder and recreate a new folder named UPDATE within that folder.
- Download the latest version of the PS4 SW update and save it in the UPDATE folder on the USB drive.
- Turn the device off and plug the USB flash drive into the device via one of the forward-facing USB ports.
- Press and hold the power button for a minimum of 7 seconds, and the system will start in safe mode.
- In the same mode, select the Update System Software option and follow the on-screen instructions for this update.
Verify Hard Drive
Here’s a full guide for you to resolve ps4 turns on then off :
- Power down the device completely.
- Remove the power cable from the power outlet and cable and pull out the hard disc from the system.
- Tighten the hard disk and ensure it is put properly.
Inspect Electrical Power Connections
You should check for problems with power cords or ports for it to run smoothly. That is why it is important to keep track of electrical connections.
Here are your recommended steps:
- Make sure you press the power button for about 7 seconds to turn off the PS4 fully.
- Remove the power cable from the console receptacle and wait a couple of minutes.
- Try connecting the power cord to an alternate outlet, and make sure to connect it directly to the connector.
Disconnect The Multiple Connectors
One of the main issue that causes ps4 turns on then off is this. These allow users to connect the device to several modules simultaneously. However, running modules can interfere with the gameplay and cause the to keep deactivating the problem.
Many things can do to deal with this:
- This is done by removing the multiple connectors and connecting the console directly with a cable.
- You can try to disconnect the device from the screen or television.
- If the PS4 is connected with a USB cable on the front port, you may want to consider removing it to prevent it from going out at random.
Use A Cable Internet Connection
It is suspect that Wi-Fi modules may be the reason for the constant shutting down the issue. The reason behind it is that the short circuit in the Wi-Fi module creates an influx and compels the device to shut off. Thus you can choose the following steps to fix the error.
- You can either choose to use an Internet cable or a Wi-Fi connection.
- If the cable Internet access port is not available at the back of your console, you can opt for a LAN cable to connect the router to your PS4. But, first, check if the device can function regularly on the Internet LAN.
No Internet secured? Click Here.
This was all about “PS4 turns on then off” issue. Six easy fixes are mentioned, try them and enjoy gaming. If you have any further queries, leave them in the comments section below. We would be more than happy to help you!
See also: 4 Ways To Fix PS4 Corrupted Database