Ever since its launch in 2008, Roku screen mirroring was considered one of the most viable inventions. Roku enables the projection of your phone’s content like videos or web pages on a bigger screen. However, while the Roku screen mirroring adroitly enables screen sharing, a substantial amount of people have faced Roku screen mirroring not working issues in Windows 10. In addition, consumers have reported poor connectivity between Windows 10 and Roku.
- 1 What Is Roku Screen Mirroring?
- 2 How To Set Up The Roku Feature On Windows?
- 3 Fix Roku Screen Mirroring Not Working Issue
- 4 Conclusion
What Is Roku Screen Mirroring?
Roku is a device used to replicate content from your phone or Windows device to a nearby TV from a phone or tablet. The Roku app is available for Android and iOS devices. Users can project almost anything like photos, music, and web pages.
In addition, with the screen mirror feature, users can easily replicate their phone’s content on a bigger screen.
How To Set Up The Roku Feature On Windows?
Primarily, users need to enable the screen mirroring feature on their Windows device. Users then need to send a connection request to their Roku device. Upon setting up the connection, the screen mirroring feature will be enabled. Click here to Visit Roku.
Fix Roku Screen Mirroring Not Working Issue
While some complaints are regarding connectivity issues, others concern the functional inabilities of the screen mirroring feature. Here is a how-to guide to fix the Roku screen mirroring not working on Windows 10 issue.
Update Windows To The Latest Version
Roku screen mirroring requires a Miracast driver, which is a display standard that enables screen mirroring. An updated Windows version is more likely to possess the Miracast driver. Therefore, make sure that you have the latest version of Windows. Here’s how you can update Windows. Click here to tackle update-related issues.
- First, open the run box by pressing Windows key + R. Subsequently, type ‘ms-settings: windows update.’
- Then click OK to open the windows update.
- In the Windows update, click on the ‘check for update’ option and find any pending updates.
- The required updates will be visible on the screen, evading the Roku screen mirroring not working issue.
Remove And Re-Add Roku
One effective way to solve the screen mirror problem is to remove Roku from the pairing device and re-add it later. This can help reconnect Roku to Windows 10. To remove and re-add, follow the steps given below.
- As mentioned above, press the Windows + R key to open the Run window.
- Then, type ‘ms-settings: windows update into the text box that appears and click enter.
Subsequently, the Connected Devices tab of the Settings application will pop up. Then, on the Bluetooth and other Devices screen, click on the Other Devices option.
- Find the Roku device and select Uninstall Device option from the context menu.
- Upon removing the Roku device, click the Add Bluetooth or other device option by scrolling up on the home page.
- Select the Wireless display or dock option from the Add a device screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to re-add Roku.
- Restart the computer and check if the Roku screen mirroring is not working issue is solved successfully.
Set The Network To ‘Private’
In some instances, the Windows defender firewall blocks the Roku Tv connection when the network is Public. To change the network from Public to Private, follow the steps provided below.
- To open the Settings app, press the “Windows” + “I” key.
- Open the Network and Internet section.
- Under the subsection “Network Status,” click the “Change connection properties.”
- Here, make sure the network settings are set to Private and then restart the computer.
Update The Network Driver
Users have reported instances when the connection is interrupted by the “Couldn’t Connect” error. This problem can occur when an outdated wireless network driver is used instead of an updated one. To update the wireless network adapter driver, follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Open the Run dialogue box by clicking the Windows key + R. after that, type “devmgmt.msc” and click OK.
- To grant admin access, click yes on the menu for managing your account.
- Select the Network Adapters option from the Device Manager menu.
- Right-click on the Wireless Network Adapter option and select Properties from the context menu.
- Select the driver and click Update driver on the properties screen.
- Select the Search Automatically for updated driver software from the subsequent screen.
- Wait for the scan to be complete, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart the computer and try reconnecting to the Roku device. It will fix the Roku screen mirroring not working error.
Causes Of The Screen Mirroring Issue
The Roku screen mirroring issue on Windows 10 has become quite common due to numerous reasons. As per user complaints and reports, several causes have arisen for the mirroring problem. First, the Windows firewall defender blocks the Roku connection on a Public network.
Second, another reason for the problem can be the outdated wireless network driver and Windows version.
While the screen mirror feature of the Roku device may come in handy, there are various drawbacks to the device’s connectivity. This article mentions all the methods to troubleshoot the Roku screen mirroring not working on Windows 10 problem. Feel free to go through our site to find more such relevant content and tech-related stuff.