In our regular computer system, we come across different editions of windows. People are trying to invent or introduce other things or ideas with increased technology and creativity. With this advancement in technology, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Licensing has also come up with certain features and advantages for the user.
This article gives you an overview of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 r2 licensing. Wanted to Know What Is Registry Defrag? Click here!
- 1 What Is A Windows Server?
- 2 What Is Windows Server 2012 R2?
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Conclusion
What Is A Windows Server?
Windows server is an operating system that Microsoft specially creates for use on a server. These are very powerful and work or constantly run very fast. Microsoft has published windows servers under its name since windows server 2003. The first operating system released under this brand name was Windows Server 2003. This Microsoft has been developing since April 24, 2003.
Windows Server 2012 r2 has two file systems, NTFS and RTFS(New Technology file system and Resilient file system). Microsoft produces both versions simultaneously. One is a standard desktop version, and another is a server edition.
What Is Windows Server 2012 R2?
A few of the facts about windows server 2012 R2 are:
- Windows Server 2012 r2 is also named “window server 8.1”.
- It is the seventh version of the Windows server operating system by Microsoft.
- It was done on June 3, 2013, at TechED North America and released on October 18.
- Window server 2012 r2 is much faster than Microsoft’s window servers.
- Nowadays, people have come across Microsoft windows server 2012 because of its good accuracy, diligence, speed, etc.
Visit: Windows Server
Features Of Server 2012 R2
A few of the features of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 are:
- Storage: helps in storing large amounts of data and information without fail and reduces the storage space by keeping a small amount of data.
- Integrated office support with windows 8.1 with speed version of Microsoft and updated version of Microsoft with more features than other Microsoft.
- TLS support, i.e., Transport layer security, improves the performance of long-running TLS secured connections that need to reconnect due to session expiration.
- IP address management, controls over which humans can change scopes, IP address blocks, etc.
- Backup and recovery options: If we lose our data or if the data gets deleted from the system or Microsoft, we can easily retrieve or get our data back to our computer or the Microsoft in Microsoft windows server 2012.
- Health report: A beneficial health report is initiated with windows server 2012 r2 essentials. This no longer needs to be installed as an add-in. Depending on your business, there are different health reports to display items you prefer to monitor.
- Mobile device management: If your windows server essential 2012 r2 is integrated with office 365, you can sync your mobile phone, define your email address, set passwords, etc.
- The data we store in Microsoft windows server 2012 is protected, and we can trust it, and the data stored in Microsoft windows server 2012 is safe and secure.
- It ensures that the written data is complete and correct or not.
- User access logging is a common framework for windows server roles to report their respective consumption metrics.
Uses Of Server 2012 R2 Licensing
Some of the uses of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Licensing are:
- Data deduplication: data duplication finds and removes any duplicate data in the information and checks whether the given information is correct. This is much helpful feature.
- Server core: windows server provides minimal several installation options. Windows Server 2012 r2 offers exceptional features in both configurations and installed apps.
- Backup features: automatically backups or retrieves the data without fail. There is little fear of losing the data.
- Windows desktop sharing is a screen-sharing technology windows server 2012 implements this screen-sharing technology.
Advantages Of Server 2012 R2 Licensing
Microsoft has made life easier and more comfortable we can perform multiple tasks without mistakes and with security. Instead of storing a large amount of data at a time, you should start small and let it grow in small amounts to save your data for future use. Few of the advantages of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Licensing are:
We can have advanced technological features in Microsoft windows server 2012. it works very fast with reasonable accuracy with a lot of features.
- Comparatively easy to set up, configure and support.
- More accurate and easily accessible.
Microsoft windows server 2012 is an updated version of all other Microsoft windows with many new features and specifications. Many organizations struggle to afford the expensive storage area networks; instead of buying all the costly storage devices, they can club all the cheap storage devices together and form a virtual machine.
Have issues in opening up the menu during startup in windows 10? Refer to this article and get it resolved.
Frequently Asked Questions
What languages are available in Microsoft windows server 2012?
19 languages are available and supported in Microsoft windows server 2012. It allows or accepts a video variety of languages. A-List of some supported languages is Portuguese, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, etc.
Windows Server 2012 R2 has two file systems. NTFS and Refs. Which one should I choose?
Refs are introduced for file-sharing or content sharing from files, while NTFS will not install in Refs volume.
How do I switch to a new windows server?
You can update your windows server so that you can get your updated windows server with new features and specifications.
Will it cost more to run windows server 2012 R2?
No, the cost to run windows server 2012 R2 is affordable and not very expensive.
This article thus provides a brief overview of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, which consists of its advantages, features, and specifications.
Sydney Butler is a technology writer with over 20 years of experience as a freelance PC technician and system builder. He’s worked for more than a decade in user education. On AM Tricks, he focuses on creating commerce content with simple buying advice and carefully chosen product suggestions.