Since Windows has been released by Microsoft, it still does not have a stable version and not even close to Windows 7 in terms of stability. Though Windows 10 has many useful features, the bugs come with every update, unexpectedly have ruined windows users experience. One such issue is windows 10 airplane mode won’t turn off. In this post, we will see how to fix this issue and how to get back your wireless network’s connectivity.
What is Airplane mode and when this issue occurs?
Airplane mode is a windows feature which lets you disable wireless features like WiFi, Bluetooth, IR etc.
windows 10 airplane mode won’t turn off problem occurs when you turn on the airplane mode and once you try to turn it OFF, it wont let you toggle the button and button keeps going back to ON state. For some user the Airplane icon becomes gray and you can access the toggle button to turn off.
The disadvantage of this issue is you cannot use Wifi, Bluetooth on your windows 10 computer. So, you cannot access the internet and connect your Bluetooth headphones, cannot send files and pretty much stuck in offline mode.
We will now see how to fix this irritating issue and get your connectivity back.
How to fix windows 10 airplane mode won’t turn off
There are several methods to fix the issue. we will see the effective and fast method in details.
Solution 1 – Change the settings of the Wifi Adapter
- Open the device manager by right-clicking on windows logo and select device manager option.
- From the network adapters section, select your internet connection adapter. In my case, it is the Intel Wireless adapter.
- Not right-click on this adapter and select Power management tab.
- Now un-tick the “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
- Click on OK button to save the changes.
- Now restart your pc and see if you can turn off the airplane mode.
if problem still persists, head over to the next method.
Solution 2 – Forcefully turn off Airplane mode using the registry editor
- Press Windows + R key from keyboard simultaneously to open Run.
- Now, type regedit and press OK.
- Allow the registry editor to access the admin rights. Click Yes to allow it.
- Now, go to this location by pasting it to the path or navigate it by clicking the options one by one.
- Now select the RadioEnable DWORD entry. If this entry is not available then create one 32 bit DWORD entry and rename it to RadioEnable.
- Once the file is created, double-click on it and set the value to 1.
- Save the file and restart your computer.
Now you can see that the airplane is turned off as we did it forcefully. If the problem still persists, head over to next solution.
Solution 3 – The PrtScSysReq workaround
This is some kind of workaround and many users confirmed that Windows 10 airplane mode won’t turn off issue has been fixed for them.
- Press and hold the Function key (Fn) and then press the PrtScSysReq key.
- Keep holding both keys for a while and you can see the grayed out Airplane mode icon becomes togglable and you can turn off the airplane mode.
This is also a workaround and you may get the fix the airplane issue.
- Try to find the Physical key of Wifi trigger button from your laptop’s keyboard.
- In my case, it is Fn + F3 to toggle the wifi.
- Press those keys and see if you can turn off the airplane mode.
Solution 5 – Update the WiFi adapter drivers
- Open the wifi adapter settings from the device manager. To open the device manager, right click on the Windows logo and click on device manager.
- Right-click on your wifi network and click on Update driver option.
- Now, windows will try to find the latest version of the driver and inform you once done.
- Restart the PC and see if you can turn off airplane mode.
Since you reached up to solution 5, I hope your issue is already solved. But you are that much unlucky and the issue “windows 10 airplane mode won’t turn off” still haunting you, head over to the next solutions.
Solution 6 – Enable the Wifi adapter from control panel
many times the wifi adapter enable due to windows services/register issues. You can enable it from the control panel.
- Click on Cortana or Search icon from the bottom side of the windows.
- Type control panel and click on the first result to open it.
- Now, click on Network and Internet option and then select View network status and tasks.
- From the left side menu, click on Change adapter settings option.
- Now right click on the wireless adapter option and click on Enable it.
- If the wifi adapter is already enabled, try to disable it first and then enable again.
“Windows 10 airplane mode won’t turn off” issue occurs randomly due to windows bugs and irrelevancy. You can eliminate this problem by following this guide. We have seen six most practical solutions to fix windows 10 airplane mode stuck issue.
Hope this guide helped you. If you have any type of question or problem regarding this post, then feel free to comment it down in the comment section below.