Among the multitude of Steam errors, Steam friends network unreachable error is a common error. A lot of users encounter this error when they use a Steam client.
Some common reasons cause this error and are being covered in the below post and its solutions. But the good thing is you can resolve this error easily.
- 1 4 Fixes For Steam Friends Network Unreachable Error
- 2 Conclusion
4 Fixes For Steam Friends Network Unreachable Error
Before going to the solutions to it, one easy fix you can do is restart the system.
As because restarting the system sometimes solves out this error. Note: When you restart the system, restart the steam client again.
Method 1 Close The Beta Version of Steam
If you are using beta versions of Steam, then probably this is why friends network unreachable Steam error. Because the beta version takes care of testing new features and updates of the Steam application, all the process of updating and testing occurs in the beta version. The beta version is responsible for checking out the updates before they even officially release. Why? Because testing the updates earlier allows the users to give effective feedback to the developers. So that the developers can work upon the improvement as per the user’s expectations, this is how the enhancement of steam application happens.
During testing and updating, a lot of file processing takes place in the beta version. This might develop bugs on the Steam application that can cause this error: friends network unreachable error. So how to close the beta version? Well, it’s easy. Follow the below steps.
- Log in to your Steam account.
- Click on the Steam button, which you will see on the top left corner, then click on the setting option.
- Change the option in beta participation to Opt-out of all beta programs and save it.
- Opt-out of all beta programs means you are closing out all the running beta programs. Check now if this error is gone. If not, then try the next method.
Method 2 Steam Friends Network Unreachable Error Then Delete All The Cache And Cookies
Cache and cookies can be another reason why Steam can’t connect to friends network. Have you ever noticed that any application or website’s loading performance gets faster when you clear out the cache memories and cookies? Cache data is responsible for retrieving the information back of any application or website, and it is also responsible for running the application or website faster. But a lot of time, some of its file gets corrupt, which results in slower processing of the application, which may cause this error. So it’s always good to clear out all the cache memory if the application has some issues while loading.
Same as cookies which are responsible for slowing down the internet. You should delete cookies also so that they boost your internet speed and which may solve this error. To clear out the cache data and cookies, follow the below steps.
- Open the steam client and then click on the steam option that you see in the top toolbar.
- Open setting from the drop-down menu.
- Now go to a web browser and clear cache memory and clear cookies memory and then save it.
- Now restart the application and see whether your Steam friends network unreachable error is resolved or not.
Method 3 Steam Friends Network Unreachable Error Then Select The Right Property Of Steam
Are you still seeing that steam friends list not working? Then the two methods mentioned earlier didn’t work for you. Then you should change the steam property. Because a lot of time, the Steam friends network unreachable error has been resolved by just changing the property of Steam. Each property has its effects. Having the right property selected on the application is important so that the application runs properly. So how to change the property of steam well it’s easy, follow the below steps
- Go to the properties of Steam by firstly right-clicking on it and then selecting the properties.
- Now you have to add “-nofriendsui” at the Target field. Add it like this
- “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe” –nofriendsui then save it. Now see if the Steam friends network unreachable error persists. If it’s not resolve, then try this also, that is to add “nofriendsui -nochatui” in the target field and in the same above manner that is to add in the end. Click ok to save it.
If your Steam can’t connect to friends or your steam friends down still, it may be because of a common problem. What common problems are these see like an unstable or no internet connection, the steam client is blocked by your antivirus. If your internet is working slow, this could be why you are getting this error here. Consider restarting the internet connectivity to check out it is after that speed, and that might resolve this error. If you are using Wi-Fi, then turn off the system, unplug the network devices that are modem and router now, wait for a couple of minutes, like 4 to 6 minutes, and then plug it. See now if the error has gone or not? If not, then check out if your steam client has been blocked by antivirus. If this is a case, unblock the steam client. And see if this was the way of resolving your error.
Click Here if you end up getting another error that is ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration while checking your internet issues.
Note: Check the speed of the internet once after plugging in the modem and router. If it is less, then probably internet connectivity is the main issue here. In this case, consider using another internet resource if you have one and check the application to see if the Steam friends network unreachable error is resolve.
This was our take on how to solve Steam friends network unreachable error. Try these methods and you will be able to fix this issue in no time. If you have any other doubts, let us know and we’ll glad t help you!
Hello, I am McKenzie and I am totally obsessed with getting the best experience out of every device that I use. Hence, I started this blog to help others make the most of their devices and fix errors in a jiffy! 🙂