While working on the system, suddenly, a blue screen pops-up, leading to restarting your system, and all the unsaved data is lost. This error is called System Service Exception Error.
- 1 What is System Service Exception Error?
- 2 What Causes System Service Exception Error?
- 3 Cases of System Service Exception Error
- 4 How to Resolve the System Service Exception Error?
- 4.1 Update Your Windows 10
- 4.2 Scan and Restore Corrupted Windows System Files
- 4.3 Use CHKDSK
- 4.4 Try Update /Reinstall Windows Drivers
- 5 Alternate Measures
What is System Service Exception Error?
This error is one of the Blue Screen Of Death errors(BSOD) that usually occurs in Windows 10. There are several possible reasons for this BSOD error. These errors are serious and can immediately crash your system, leading to data loss and corruption of files as well.
This article suggests four quick ways to fix the error. Before we head towards the ways, let’s have a quick look at the reason which leads to this error.
What Causes System Service Exception Error?
Some of the potential reasons for System Service Exception Error are;
- Due to Bad driver/software is installed/updated.
- Due to graphic user interface errors.
- If the system files are corrupted.
- Incompatible, damaged, or outdated Windows drivers.
- Malicious programs like viruses /malware.
- Buggy Windows updates or corrupted Windows files.
Cases of System Service Exception Error
- SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Windows 10:- This is normally an error that arises in Windows 10 but is popular in Windows 7 as well.
- SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 00000000`c0000005:- This is also one of the error codes that appear with the BSOD System Service Exception.
- SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b:- This is another error code that can accompany the System Service Exception on Windows 10.
More common error codes are:
How to Resolve the System Service Exception Error?
Landing towards the central point of the article is how one can resolve the System Service Exception error. Here are the four efficient ways for the same;
Update Your Windows 10
An outdated operating system can be a dominant reason for Windows System Service Exception errors. So one of the easy and simplest steps would be to check whether Windows 10 is up to date or not. Out-dated systems are always expected to cause various issues and errors. Keeping the drive up-to-date is very important for the efficient working of the device.
To check for any new system update –click on to update and security, then check under the panel of windows update, find any new update, click on to the new update if found by saving all the important documents and restarting the PC.
Update System Drives
System dives have to be up-to-date for efficient working of the computer. To check for any pending update, click on the update and security option, then go to windows update, then check the update history of the drive.
- Run windows check disk (CHKDSK) from the command prompt.
- Type CHKDSK/R and then press enter as it can fix issues as it runs.
Run SFC (System File Check)
Running SFC will let you check for the Windows system files specifically. To do this: click on the search menu, then type command prompt, then command to clean-up image/ restore health, then wait for the process to complete.
Then you have to download the official windows hotfix to resolve the Service Exception error. To download this, you can refer to the web for the link.
- Click on the Start menu and choose Settings, a shortcut for faster access Click on Windows key + I key to open the Settings.
- Next, go to Update and Security and check for Windows updates.
- If any update is available, update it(Do remember to save all the data before launching the process).
- Lastly, click on ‘Restart Now’ to reboot Windows 10 to make the essential changes. Check if the issue resolves. When everything is done, then at last resort and reset the Windows 10.
Scan and Restore Corrupted Windows System Files
The System File Checker is a Windows service tool by default available in Windows 10, many also call it “SFC scan.” The SFC scan automatically locates and repairs /fixes the corrupted system files . It might help to stop code System Service Exception.
To perform the SFC scan, follow these steps:
Press the Windows + ‘X’ keys on the keyboard.
Now, press ‘A’ and click ‘Yes’ to access the command prompt as administrator.
In the command prompt window, type ‘sfc /scannow’ and click on enter.
It will launch the system scan shortly. Do not turn off/ restart the computer in-between the scan process. Once done, close the command prompt and restart the computer and check if the issue is solved.
See Also: Memory Management Error | 8 Easy Fixes
Another command that can be used to repair the PC is CHKDSK from the Command Prompt. CHKDSK is a Windows system tool that verifies the system files and fixes issues that may help in resolving the System Service Exception BSOD error.
- Write the command prompt in the Start menu of the search bar.
- Click on the option Run as administrator(shortcut-press Windows key +X, then choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list).
- Next, type chkdsk /r and press Enter. This will scan the system for errors and fix any issues if found.
System drives have to be up-to-date for efficient working of the computer. To check for any pending update, click on the update and security option, then go to windows update, then check the update history of the drive. Keep on updating graphics card sound and networking drives on your computer drives.
Try to run windows check disk (CHKDSK) from the command prompt.
By clicking CHKDSK/R and then press enter as it can fix issues as it runs.
First, you need to run a malware or virus scan.
Many times this happens due to a virus the computers start to show issues while working. To do this, install a malware or antivirus scanner of top-rated to check for any malware or antivirus attacking your PC.
Then run the troubleshooter tool.
To do this, first, click on the settings, then go to the menu update and security, then choose troubleshooter. There will be an option of BSOD troubleshooter, locate and click.
Then click on the memory diagnostic tool.
From search, write MDT, then start. This will help diagnose any problem.
Try Update /Reinstall Windows Drivers
One of the most common conditions of the blue screen System Service error in Windows 10 is due to the incompatible Windows drivers. Windows Update retains the system drivers up to date automatically, but sometimes the installed new versions don’t sync with the newest drivers. So, one must install the most advanced drivers to resolve the blue screen of death issue.
Here are some steps that you can follow to install the latest drivers in Windows:
- Press ‘Windows’ + ‘R’ to initiate the run dialogue box.
- In the run dialogue box, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press ‘OK’ to open the device manager.
- Now, search for the drivers(both video and audio, card drivers) that are highlighted with a yellow alert symbol.
- Next, Right-click on the driver and then click on ‘Update driver.’ Let the process complete, and this will automatically find the latest drivers and update the driver software. Check if the issue resolves.
These are few alternate solutions which can help you to resolve the error;
Disable the Webcam
As in some cases, external hardware like the webcams can also lead to the Service Exception error on the device. One can test the same by disabling the webcam and checking whether the error resolves or not. To do this, you have to first click on the manager window. Then you have to click on the webcam option. Then you have to select the option to disable by right-clicking it.
Update Graphics Card Drivers
As discussed earlier, outdated drivers can lead to the system with Exception error.
Updating the graphics card drivers can also resolve the issue.
Disable Third-Party Antivirus
This has been seen that the Exception error in windows 10 is sometimes due to the third-party antivirus as it blocks certain apps and creates an error in smooth functioning. Therefore disable the antivirus temporarily and check if the issue resolves or not. To check if the computer is attacked by any malware or virus, at first, you need to run a malware or virus scan. Many times this happens due to a virus the computers start to show issues while working. To do this, install a malware or antivirus scanner of top-rated to check for any malware or antivirus attacking your PC. If your is notorious for taking up large amounts of CPU processing power and slowing down your computer Antimalware Service Executable, click here for some fixes.
Undo Recent Changes Made on Your Computer
It has come to notice that issues big and small are based due to changes made in your PC. Check for any new hardware or software introduced to your computer. Check for two things in this case: any vendor having patches so that you can apply, or secondly, remove them to check if the problem is resolving.
If you have installed any other than windows defense, then uninstall it immediately because most of the System Service Exception error problems are caused by this only. Often the problems resolve itself by uninstalling antivirus like McAfee, virtual clone drives, Bytefence, etc.
This has often resulted in solving the problem.