If you are a Fortnite player and have encountered an error message that says ‘the application has crashed and will now close, We apologize for the inconvenience’; do not worry; there are multiple ways to fix it. The issue might be caused by unknown reasons and sometimes because of high game settings or corrupted files.
This article takes you through various methods you can use to fix the ‘application has crashed and will now close’ problem. You might require to make certain changes either in the epic game launcher or in the system itself. The simplest method is to verify the game file on the epic game launcher.
Fortnite is an online game. It was developed by Epic Games in 2017. It is a game played by millions. And one thing that users of the game have occasionally experienced is the error saying, ‘the application has crashed and will now close. We apologize for the inconvenience.’ So here are a few methods you can use to get rid of this message and continue with your gaming.
See Also: Fix Discord Game Detection Not Working
- 1 Methods To Fix If The Application Has Crashed
- 2 Quick fixes
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Conclusion
Methods To Fix If The Application Has Crashed
Here are the top 4 methods to fix Fortnite when crashed. Since there are multiple methods, try them in order to find the one that fixes the cause of your problem.
Method 1: Reinstall Battleye
When you come across ‘Fortnite application crash detected,’ the first thing you can do is force close the application. You can do that by:
- Press Windows key + x.
- Click on task manager.
- When you spot Epic games, right-click on them and choose the end task.
Once you are done with that, follow the below-mentioned steps to uninstall and reinstall battleye. First, you will have to locate the Fortnite installation and then proceed. For that:
- Open this PC and go to local disk C.
- Now click on program files and select epic games.
- Here you will locate the Fortnite folder.
- Open it to find a Fortnite game folder.
- Next, open the binaries folder and then win64.
- Double click on the first folder, which reads Battleye.
- Now click on the uninstall and then OK.
- After that is done, select the install option above to uninstall.
See Also: XBox One Games Taking Too Long To Start | How To Fix
Method 2: Repair Easyanticheat
If the steps mentioned earlier don’t work, you still see ‘that the application has crashed and will now close. We apologize for the inconvenience’ then follow the below-mentioned method with the same initial steps:
- Open this PC > Local Disk C > Program files.
- Then continue to Epic games > Fortnite > Fortnite game.
- Further click on binaries > win64
- Now instead of battleye select easyanticheat.
- Among the list, you will notice a blue icon beside easy anti-cheat.
- If easy anti-cheat is not installed, you will get an option to install it.
- And if and after it is installed, click on the same option.
- You will see a blue box. Choose Fortnite and click on repair service.
- When all the steps are followed, don’t forget to restart your computer.
Method 3: Update Driver
If you haven’t gotten the desired results after following the above methods and see that the application has hung Fortnite, then you can try updating the card driver in the device manager. Here are steps to follow to complete the task:
- Search for device manager on the menu or press windows key + x and click on device manager.
- In the list, you will see display adapters.
- Double and expand it.
- Now right-click on the available driver and select properties.
- Then go to the driver tab and click on update driver.
- When the box appears, click on search automatically for driver software.
- After the update is installed, click on close.
Method 4: Vault Cache
This method will require you to make some changes in the Epic game launcher, proceeding to some changes in the system. Here are the steps you will have to follow when you see Fortnite an unknown process has crashed:
- Open the Epic game launcher.
- You will see the settings option on the left-hand side. Open it.
- Then almost at the end of the screen, you might find four options starting with ‘edit vault cache.’ Click on it.
- Now click on browse.
- It will take you to the vault cache on the system.
- If you see any files, just delete them.
- Now try playing the game.
Here are some small and simple methods you can use to fix the ‘application that has crashed and will now close. We apologize for the inconvenience.’ These are very commonly used and equally effective. Try these trivial methods when you are unsure of the above ones.
You can try running the epic game launcher as an administrator as a quick step to get your game back on running and fix application crash detected Fortnite. You can follow these three simple steps:
- Search for Epic game launcher. Right-click on it or the shortcut.
- Then choose to run as administrator.
- Now launch Fortnite.
Update the system
Regular updating of the system can prove to be a solution for glitching and allow for smooth functioning. You can constantly check and update your system through the following steps.
- Go to search, look for updates and security, and select windows update.
- Or you can simply search for windows updates.
- You will be able to see the updates if any, or you can also click on ‘check for updates.
You will have to follow this method through the Epic launcher. It will let you know if the files are corrupted and re-download them if they are.
- Open the epic game launcher.
- Go to your library and click on Fortnite.
- You will see three dots below it.
- Click on it and click verify.
This one is for android users. Since you don’t have the options mentioned above to fix the problem, the easiest thing you can do is reinstall. Just uninstall the app with a long press and download it through the Epic Games website. This will solve the error the-application-has-crashed-and-will-now-close-we-apologize-for-the-inconvenience.
See Also: Slow Internet After Windows 10 Update Top 5 Ways To Fix
Why does my Fortnite not open?
To fix this issue, you can install the latest patch. The application, not opening or crashing can be caused due to a weak chip or improper coding. Installing the newest patch will help fix bugs and improve gaming experiences.
Is Fortnite free?
Yes, the Fortnite can be played for free. The game is also available on iOS, Android, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, etc. Fortnite is an immersive game, and it makes the long sessions easier by letting players re-enter a new game easily.
How can I fix epic game launcher crashes?
There are various methods you can follow to fix the problem, and here is a list of a few of them: Check for updates. Disable fullscreen optimization. Clear the web cache of the Epic game launcher. Run it as an administrator. Upgrade the card drivers. Uninstall and install the epic game launcher.
The error message ‘the application has crashed and will now close We apologize for the inconvenience’ on Fortnite has multiple causes and solutions. But the first thing you have to make sure of is to ensure a stable and active network connection.
This article provides you with the top 4 methods to fix the problem, along with some smaller and generic solutions. And if you still remain unsuccessful in finding a solution to the problem, you can reach out to the people at the epic games website with a file containing your issue, the steps you have taken to solve it, and other things they ask for.
See Also: Minecraft Keeps Crashing On Windows 10 Fix It Here
Alex Wawro is a lifelong tech and games enthusiast with more than a decade of experience covering both for outlets like Game Developer, Black Hat, and PC World magazine. He currently serves as a senior editor covering all things computing, from laptops and desktops to keyboards and mice.