Imagine a situation where you came home exhausted from work and just get reminded to play that game you downloaded yesterday to relieve your stress. You freshened up, changed your clothes, plugged in those headphones, switched on the gaming lights, and just about when you ran the game, it showed an error, ‘This App Can’t Run on Your PC.’ It is acceptable if you punched your screen, just kidding. Please do not do that.
There is nothing to worry about. We got you!
A problem is completely resolved only when its root cause is eliminated, and we will be focusing just on that.
- 1 How To Fix the Issue?
- 1.1 Method 1 Check Windows Version
- 1.2 Method 2 This App Can’t Run On Your PC Error Then Use System File Checker
- 1.3 Method 3 This App Can’t Run On Your PC Error Then Run A Scan
- 1.4 Method 4 Clear The Cache And Cookies In Your Web Browser And Reinstall The Problematic App
- 2 Conclusion
How To Fix the Issue?
Look it as a disease a person might be suffering through; in this case, the disease is the error, and the person is your PC. So let us begin the diagnosing phase:
Method 1 Check Windows Version
Sometimes we get/download the wrong version of an application or file that is not supported by our operating system, and this app can’t run on your pc appears. For example, if you have a 32-bit Windows operating system, you cannot run 64-bit applications on your computer.
You can check the version of your windows operating system by:
- Pressing the Windows logo key + I on your keyboard for navigating to the Settings tab.
- Once you are in the Settings tab, click on About. It will show all the details of your PC.
After knowing the required information about the patient (your PC), you can cross-check it with the type of file you have. For example, if your system is 32-bit and the file type is 64-bit, you need to fetch the 32-bit file, and you are done! An easy solution to this app can’t run on your pc. Click Here to counter Windows 10 Boot issues.
Method 2 This App Can’t Run On Your PC Error Then Use System File Checker
If you are looking at the second option, we get that the first one did not solve your problem of this app can’t run on your pc. It is ok. Sometimes, you have to look deeper. Not literally you. An in-built application on your PC will do that for you.
Please wait patiently until verification 100% completes. Then, exit the window and restart the PC to check if the error of this app can’t run on your pc persists.
Method 3 This App Can’t Run On Your PC Error Then Run A Scan
No luck so far? In such situations, it’s always better to run a full system scan. There is a possibility that your computer is infected with a virus, trojans, or malware. Close to solve this app can’t run on your pc problem.
You need not buy or download antivirus for this, and the built-in Windows Defender tool will do the job.
- Click on the Windows logo icon. Locate the Settings tab.
- After navigating in the Settings tab, select Update & Security and click on Open Windows Defender.
- In Windows Defender Security Center, locate the shield icon in the left pane and click on it.
- Go to Advanced scan. Then, select Full scan from the menu.
Patience is the key. Remember! Wait till the full scan is completed, and it will list any infected, corrupted files and any virus or malware that has been irritating you for so long. Hence, the problem of this app can’t run on your pc will be solved.
Method 4 Clear The Cache And Cookies In Your Web Browser And Reinstall The Problematic App
Your browser’s cache and cookies might be the villain of ‘This app can’t run on your PC’ in Windows 10 since they might have corrupted the app’s download, which struggles to run. Therefore, it is recommended browser is cleaned up, and after this, the reinstalling step begins. Just follow the required steps for:
- Open your Edge browser
- Click on the icon that is in the top right corner of the window
- Then click on the clock icon
- Select the Clear all history option
- Then you should check for browsing history, cookies, and saved website data, cached data, and files. Finally, click clear and close your browser.
- Open your Chrome browser and then navigate to its bar.
- Type: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData into the bar.
- Once on the ‘Clear browsing data window, configure your browser to delete the browsing history, download history, cookies, other site data, cached images, and files. Select all time as time range and then click on clear data and exit the browser when the process is complete.
- Open Firefox and go to the History menu
- Click Clear Recent History
- In the ‘Time range to clear:’ menu, select Everything
- Navigate to Details and click the down arrow next to it
- Select all items and then click on Clear now
- Close your browser
After doing this, completely remove the application by uninstalling it and deleting it from its location. Now download the app again and carry out the installation. Your app should be functioning as per your expectations now devoid of this app can’t run on your pc error.
These are some ways you can fix the error. We hope one of these has helped you, and you are back in your chair, relaxed, and enjoying the fact that you solved this app can’t run on your PC error.
Hello, I am McKenzie and I am totally obsessed with getting the best experience out of every device that I use. Hence, I started this blog to help others make the most of their devices and fix errors in a jiffy! 🙂