Social Media is a great tool for digital marketing. It has opened the doors for potential businesses and organizations to connect with the audience worldwide and increase their sales or spread awareness on various topics, be it political, social, legal, or anything for that matter, through drawing their attention with the creation of interesting content. It helps us gain a competitive advantage over our counterparts and helps build and maintain new and healthy relationships. In this article, we will be discussing on solving the issue of this page isn’t eligible to have a username for facebook.
Facebook is one of the biggest social media platforms of this century. Having a page on this platform allows businesses, brands, organizations, and public figures to reach their audiences conveniently with minimum effort. It is an excellent tool to gather your customers or engage a large audience or fans virtually to provide reviews, gather feedback, solve concerns, and share opinions. You can use a Facebook page to build a community by sharing useful information.
A non-business page can also provide life-saving tips, such as solution keys to previous year ICSE question papers to upcoming board exam students, and helpful in many other ways.
The creation of a Facebook page is also very easy. However, many of us must be familiar with the error message “Username not available” or “This page isn’t available to have a username.” If you are also troubled with this, we have got you covered.
But first, what is a username? Facebook allows owners to create custom URLs for their pages.
Now, why does your page requires a username? Obviously, this allows other Facebook users to tag your page easily for easy identification and publicity.
Why Can’t Your Page Have A Username?
This page isn’t eligible to have a username arises probably because it doesn’t meet the conditions mentioned below:
- The page must already have one post with at least 25 likes.
- You must be the page’s Admin to create a username.
- You must not create more than one page lately from that account.
- Your personal Facebook account with a defined username must be verified and must not be a newly created profile.
- The Facebook page also needs to be verified.
Create A Username For Your Facebook Page
Let us begin by seeing ‘How to Create a Username for your Facebook page’:
If you are the Admin of the Facebook Page, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your account and tap on Pages.
- Choose the page, and on the left side, click on Create @Username.
- Enter your desired username and if it is available, click on Create Username.
Some tried and tested fixes to the “This page isn’t available to have a username” error with the Facebook page is mentioned below.
Set Up A New Page Role On Facebook
First and foremost, set up a new page role on Facebook. This page isn’t eligible to have a username issue can be solved by this method. It requires you to make another person or your friend a temporary admin who will add your username. This is the simplest solution and works using the following steps:
- Log in to your account, go to Pages and select the page.
- Go to Settings of the page and click on Page roles.
- Select Add Person to Page and type the name or email address.
- From the Page Roles List, choose Admin and click on Add to include this profile as the Admin.
- You will be asked to enter your password in a small dialog box. Do it and click on Submit. The selected person will get a notification to accept the invitation. You can now ask them to change the username using these steps.
- Ask them to log in to their account, and from the Menu option given on the top right, click Pages and choose your page.
- Then click on About followed by Create Page @username.
- If the username entered is available, click on Create Username, and your username is ready. Make sure to remove the account from the admin post following the same steps after the username is set. Alternatively, you can also create another account or use an existing account apart from your original one and use the same steps to get along.
Change Username From Your Account
However, if you insist on changing the username from your account and do not want to make any other user the Admin of your page, we have a solution for you as well. This is another method for this page isn’t eligible to have a username for facebook issue. If you are the Admin, you can verify your account to meet the required conditions for creating a Facebook page username.
- After logging in to your account, open Facebook Settings from the top right of the menu.
- Click on Personal and Account Information.
- Choose Identity Confirmation from there.
- You can choose to verify via an SMS code or email. In either case, provide your mobile phone number or email address as per your preference and click on the send button.
- Once you fill the confirmation code in the provided area or click on the verification link in the mail, it will verify your account. You will become eligible to create your Facebook Page’s username.
Another way around you can choose to get your Facebook Page verified following the same steps from your page settings. The options above help in solving the problem of this page isn’t eligible to have a username issue on Facebook. This must make you eligible for creating a username for your Facebook Page. Your page should have a username now, and Facebook username eligibility should not be an issue. Please note, if yours is a business account, the interface must be slightly different, but you can achieve the same results following these steps.
Dale Fox is an Editor, helping people get the most out of their technology. He’s been a tech nerd ever since childhood, when he used the money from his first job as a paperboy to buy a subscription to GamesMaster magazine, and has a whole room at home dedicated as a shrine to the countless gadgets he’s purchased over the decades. Dale was previously a presenter, reporter and editor in China, where he also worked as a copywriter for OnePlus at its Shenzhen HQ.