Avast is a very popular antivirus used by many people across the world. It is very effective antivirus software, but it has a certain error due to which users face problems. Avast keep turning off automatically due to certain reasons, and to fix this problem.
Ways To Fix the Issue
The variou sways to fix this issue are s follows:
Update Avast To The Latest Version
It is nothing new for people that an outdated version of the software can be a source of many problems that one might be facing regarding that software. Updating your apps and software is the basic troubleshooting step. The Avast shields turning off by themselves has been a common error for some time, and the Avast developers noticed this error. Click Here to update Avast.
Hence, they tried to fix that error in the latest version. So apart from being the basic troubleshooting step, updating your Avast software might end this problem for this very reason. You should update to the latest version and check whether this error still occurs. Also, every time you update your window, it is mandatory to check whether any updates are available for all of your installed software.
Now let’s see how to update your Avast antivirus software:
- First, find your Avast icon on your desktop or your start menu.
- Open the Avast interface by clicking on the icon.
- Go to the update tab once you open the interface. There you will see two update options. One of them is updating the virus definitions database, and the other is for updating the whole program itself.
- It is recommended that you update both the virus definition database and the program. So click on both updates and wait while it is completed.
- Once you complete the update, follow the on-screen instructions for the installation process.
- After you are done with this procedure, check to see if the error still occurs.
After they updated their software, most people have reported that they got rid of ‘why does Avast keep turning off’ error.
Tweak The aswbIDSAgent Service On Your Computer
One of the services that Avast uses to protect your computer is the aswbIDSAgent service. This is regarding any software that when any one of the services of a particular software has some changes or errors, then these will directly reflect on the functioning of the software itself. So to function properly, some changes in the services of software might help. Follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Click the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- In there, type “services.msc” without the quotes.
- After typing in, click OK to open service-related settings.
- Find the aswbIDSAgent service in there.
- Once you find it, right-click on it and go to properties from the context menu that will appear.
- Check the service status section, where you will check if your service is running or has stopped.
- If it’s running, then stop it and wait before you proceed with the next step.
- Check to see if the option under the Startup type section in aswbIDSAgent Service’s Properties is set to Automatic.
- Then click the start button to run the service again.
- After the procedure is done, check whether the error still occurs.
Repair Your Avast Software And Reinstall It
This third method to fix your ‘why does avast keep turning off’ issue is a very common way to fix any app or software, i.e., uninstalling and then reinstalling the app or software. But before you uninstall the software, you must repair it. If the previous steps fail to fix the error of Avast, then this is the method that should be followed. Many users have reported that this method worked in fixing the error when updating or tweaking the services failed to work.
To repair Avast, follow these mentioned steps:-
- Click on the windows button and then go to settings.
- After opening the settings, click on “Apps.”
- Please wait for a while because it might take time to load all the apps you have installed on your PC.
- In the control panel, search for Avast and then click on Modify.
- Certain instructions will appear on the screen, which you will need to follow to repair the software.
- After the procedure, check if the error still occurs.
To reinstall Avast, follow these steps:
- You have to download the latest version of Avast from the official website.
- Then download the Avast Uninstall Utility from the same website.
- Disconnect from the internet and then boot your computer in safe mode.
- Then check to see if the problem still persists.
Scan Your Avast Software For Viruses
The last measure to fix this problem is to perform a virus scan. In some cases, it might happen so that a virus has taken hold of your computer, affecting the proper working of your antivirus system.
Use Malwarebytes to scan and fix your computer easily.
In conclusion, if all of these steps do not fix your error, then one last measure you should take is using the “Restore Repair tool.” If any issue occurs due to system corruption, this tool will help fix them and ensure the smooth running of your apps. Hence, the problem of why does Avast keep turning off is solved.
See Also : 4 Ways to Fix “No Internet Secured” Error