Our system works on the services that run in the background while it is in operation. The owner, a third party, might install the services that run in the experience, or it is pre-installed in the system. The pre-installed services are the ones that are crucial for the effective functioning of any system. One of such services is the Windows Audio Service. In this article let us explore the reasons and solutions to a popular error in Windows Audio Service- Windows could not start the Windows Audio Service on local computer. Check out how to fix if your windows is not responding.
See Also: Windows Has Stopped This Device Because It Has Reported Problems
Windows Audio Service is responsible for every audio, be it games, videos on the web or your device, alarms, notifications, etc. If this service stops working, you will not be able to enjoy the audio from your device. This service works on three settings during the initial setup, manual, automatic, or disabled. An automatic setting allows this service to run independently as soon as you start your system. The settings should be automatic as many programs on your system might depend on it to work effectively. Check out how to connect a windows service in windows 10/11.
There are also a few major issues in your device if you find the error Audio Services not responding. It is an emergency error that Windows sound generates. It opens as a dialogue box, which states an emergency problem or issue with your system’s sound. So it is very important to rectify this issue immediately. To do so, read this article as well. Read this article to know How To Fix Windows 10 Update 0x80240023 Error.
Read how to buy Windows XP along with benefits.
- 1 Causes of ‘Windows Could Not Start The Windows Audio Service On Local Computer’
- 2 Fixes For ‘Windows Could Not Start The Windows Audio Service On Local Computer’ Error
- 3 Conclusion
Causes of ‘Windows Could Not Start The Windows Audio Service On Local Computer’
Most users who face audio problems find that their Window audio Service is on a disabled setting. Some claim that when they change the settings to automatic, the system displays an error pop-up, “Windows Could Not Start the Windows Audio Service.” This error comes with a code of error that varies (1067, 1740, etc.).
Read this article to get rid of the unnecessary Windows processes.
This issue usually evolves due to corrupted system files downloaded based on third-party services; however, this might also be due to insufficient permissions given to the Window Audio Service.
Check Out: Destination Host Unreachable Error | Easy Fixes
Fixes For ‘Windows Could Not Start The Windows Audio Service On Local Computer’ Error
There are the following ways to solve the “Windows Could not Start the Window Audio Service on Local Computer” error.
Troubleshooting is very easy and it will rectify most of the issues. Follow the below steps to troubleshoot successfully.
- Go to the Windows search. Type “troubleshooter” in the search bar. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Select the additional troubleshooter option. Select the Playing audio option
- Click on “Run the Troubleshooter.” The scan will take a few seconds or minutes to complete. The window will suggest a few changes. Apply the suggested changes.
- Restart the PC after making the required changes.
See Also: Windows Media Player Won’t Find Album Info | Step By Step Guide
Running SFC and DISM can help you resolve the issue when the reason for this error is corrupted files.
- Go to the Windows search. Type cmd on the search bar.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt. Select Run as administrator.
- Type either SFC or scannow. Press Enter. Scan will finish.
- As the scan run is over, windows will mention if there were any integrated violations and whether they can be fixed or not.
- If SFC claims the error can be fixed, type the following command and click enter after each of the following commands.
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
- Then “Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth”
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Restart the PC after making the required changes. The problem will be fixed after that.
Check Out: Sysprep Validating Installation Error | 4 Ways To Fix
Change Log On Settings
Log On setting changing is most simple, follow the steps and easily fix your problem.
- Open the Window search. Type “Services” in the search bar. Press Enter key.
- Scroll down to Windows Audio. Double click.
- On the new popped-up window, select the Log on tab. Mark the Local System Account.
- Now, you need to enable the Allow service to interact with the desktop option. Click Apply. Click Ok.
See Also: Windows Start Button Not Working? 8 Ways To Fix
Window Startup Selection Configuration
Follow the below steps to successfully complete Windows Startup Configuration.
- Press the Window key + R. Run Dialogue box will pop up
- Type “msconfig” in the box. Press Ok. Go to Startup Selection.
- On the General tab, select “Normal Startup.” Click apply. Click Ok
- On this window itself, click the Service Tab.
- Check the boxes of Windows audio and RPC Mapper. Click apply. Click Ok.
This is the easiest method to resolve the issue- Windows could not start the windows audio service on local computer.
Check Out: Fix: Error Code 0x80070035 – The Network Path Not Found
Change Audio Registry Permission
Changing the audio registry permission can help you to resolve the issue.
- Press Windows key + R. A run dialogue box opens.
- Type “Regedit.” Hit the Enter key. After that, click on Yes on the User Access Control screen.
- Windows registry window pops up. Enter the following address on the panel: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices
- Devices folder pops up. Right-click on folder.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Permissions. Click the Add button.
- Select the Advanced button. Click the Find Now button.
- All the user lists on the system pop up. Choose Everyone.
- Click Ok (x2). On the Permissions window, under the group/usernames, choose Everyone.
- Click Allow to give full access. Choose Apply. Click Ok. Close the Windows Registry window.
- In the start menu, Search for Services window.
- Locate Window Audio Service for the second time.
If the error- Windows could not start the windows audio service on local computer persists, start it again.
Due to Covid we are quite dependent on our Laptops and PCs for our daily work be it work from home, Online classes or just watching movies on our laptop when we are bored and want to relax. When our laptop shows an error message saying “No Audio Output Device is installed.” Our lives come to a standstill, and we end up facing a lot of problems at work and in schools and colleges for students. Tired of the error “LA Noire Won’t Launch On Windows 10”? Click here to fix it!
See Also: Windows Update Stuck At 100 | Fixes
These methods of fixing “the Windows Could Not Start the Windows Audio Service on Local Computer” will help you solve the system audio issues so that you can enjoy the experience of sounds in your system via games, videos, and much more. Hoping that this article has helped you to rectify the error. Read this article to know How To Clear App Data in Windows 10?
See Also: We Can’t Sign In To Your Account | 5 Easy Fixes
Dale Fox is an Editor, helping people get the most out of their technology. He’s been a tech nerd ever since childhood, when he used the money from his first job as a paperboy to buy a subscription to GamesMaster magazine, and has a whole room at home dedicated as a shrine to the countless gadgets he’s purchased over the decades. Dale was previously a presenter, reporter and editor in China, where he also worked as a copywriter for OnePlus at its Shenzhen HQ.